34. Joint Training?

You woke up when you felt someone grab your wrists.

"Stop scratching yourself" Bakugo said groggily and with his eyes still closed as he wrapped your arms around his torso instead.

"Sorry" You mumbled as you nuzzled your face into his chest and fell back asleep.

-

After a couple more hours you felt a sharp pain in your mouth. "Ow!" You exclaimed as you sat up and touched your mouth with your hands.

"What happened?" Bakugo asked as he also sat up.

"I just-" You tasted blood in your mouth. "I think I bit my tongue."

Bakugo rubbed his eyes with his fist and then tilted your head towards him and opened your mouth. "Lemme see"

You stuck your tongue out for him and he looked at it.

"Well you clearly bit it." He said as he examined it. "Why the fuck did you do that?" He gave you a concerning look. "And why'd you do it so hard? It won't stop bleeding."

"I mimt meem to" You tried to say while he kept looking at your tongue.

Somehow he understood your jumbled words. "Weird." He pulled you back so you were laying down with him again. "Just go back to sleep. We have that training exercise with class b tomorrow, you have to be ready."

You nodded into his chest and rewrapped your arms around his torso before falling asleep again.

-

Your morning alarm went off next to you so you reached out with your eyes still closed to turn it off. Before you were able to, it stopped ringing so you sat up and pushed your messy hair out of your face. You opened your eyes and blinked a few times to see Bakugo hovering over you and staring.

"Okay, crazy, what're you looking at." You asked while yawning.

"First, you can't call me crazy when your hair looks like that" He ran a hand through your hair but it just got caught on a bunch of knots. "And second, your eyes were glowing through your eyelids again. So I waited until you woke up to see what would happen but once the alarm went off they stopped."

You sighed. "Katsuki they weren't glowing!" You said.

"But-" He started before you cut him off.

"No! Katsuki, my quirk is gone." You sat up and cupped his face with both hands. "I don't know why you can't accept that, but it's gone. I don't know what you think you're seeing, but my eyes aren't glowing. My quirk is gone."

"But just try to activate it!" He said. "I swear they were glowing! And I think that you keep hurting yourself in your sleep because of it too!"

You hung your head low and closed your eyes since he didn't seem to understand. "I can't activate it." You said while looking back up at him. "There's nothing to activate. It's like trying to whistle when you can't."

He gave you a confused look. "Can you not whistle?" He asked.

"I can whistle, Katsuki." You said with a nod. "I just needed an example."

"People can learn to whistle." He said.

You groaned and threw your head back dramatically. "It's like trying to whistle when you don't have a mouth, okay? I can't do it, my quirk is gone so I can't activate it no matter how hard I try."