14. Pressed Blossoms

Start from the beginning

"Oh C'mon. Don't start this again" A defeated sigh escaped Joon's lips.

"I didn't say anything!" Jin shouted in defence. This was like watching a sitcom. Were these two always like this?

"It can't be that terrible... Can it?" Only Jimin seemed to hear me seeing as he'd been standing beside me.

"You have no idea" He mumbled back under his breath, only for the two of us to hear.

"Alright, let's get started. You're on potato duty." Jin dumped a small bag of potatoes in my hand and then guided me towards the sink. I turned to the other two, who were awkwardly standing around, and called out, offering them some way of entertaining themselves while they waited.

"I have some books and magazines on the shelf by the couch. If you want, make yourself comfortable. I'll come over as soon as I'm done helping" Both of them gladly made their way over and lounged out on the couch under the morning sun together. One grabbed a magazine and the other a hardcover book.

"Okay, no more distractions potato girl. Let's get started" Jin patted my head.

"Ahh. What a troublesome big brother you turned out to be," I teased back.

"There's that cheeky side I've been waiting for, keep it up. You're so adorable when you're hot and bothered" Jin turned and winked at me mischievously. If it was anyone else it would've been lame but his confidence...

"What can I say, you bring it out of me" I purposely sent him a cute smile. We continued to innocently banter while I peeled, washed and chopped the potatoes. As soon as I was done Jin thanked and sent me to take a rest. Adamant that he'd take care of it from there. So, I headed over to sit with Jimin and Joon.

"What're you two doing?~" I asked, sliding over next to Jimin, who'd propped himself on the left side up by the wall of the window. From the magazine he glanced at me, but before he could reply Joon's voice caught our attention.

"These are pretty" He looked over to me from the book in hand, slowly raising one of the cherry blossoms from between the pages. I'd slipped it in there to press last week. A tiny smile spread across his face as he fondly admired the flower between his fingers.

"Oh, that's so pretty. Jia, I didn't know you pressed flowers" Jimin got on his knees and crawled over to Joon who handed it over for him to have a closer look.

"Do I not look like the type?" I questioned, humbly pleased with how much they both seemed to be enjoying the flowers.

"Ah, it's not that, I'm just surprised. Not many girls do such an old-fashioned thing. But it's totally cute of you, I love these types of things" Jimin explained. I had to look away from him to avoid getting lost in his adorning gaze. The charm he held was strong, magnetic. It wasn't until that time he yanked me onto his lap during our trip to the arcade that I'd felt it. Unexpected as it was, I was quickly learning of Jimin's tantalising duality.

"There's a few more in the next couple pages. You can have one each if you'd like" I offered, leaning over and flipping the pages of the book until I found another.

"Aw really? That's so sweet of you, Jimin said, beaming. His toothy smile was adorable.

"Thanks, I'll put it to good use. I might even press some of my own. If I find any cool ones I'll make sure to return the favour." Joon's dimples dipped in, I plopped back down into the back of the couch and waved my hands.

"It's okay, really. Don't go out of your way for me," I scrunched my nose to hide my blush. Giving them flowers was okay but exchanging them felt too romantic, didn't it?