Chapter 9 || Triwizard Tournament

Start from the beginning

About 10 minutes into the conversation, you felt a tap on your back. "Sorry I took so long, are you cold?" Cedric tossed you a towel and his sweater. 

"Don't worry, It's washed, ... I think," he chuckled. 

"Thanks Cedric," you rolled your eyes at him while drying your hair with the towel.

he flashed you a warm smile before heading back to his friends. "Make sure to come back later for announcements!" 

Cedric felt like an older brother to most of the students in Hufflepuff. It's very nice having someone like him around to keep everyone in line.

Putting on the sweater, Hermione and Ron send you a smirk and you knew exactly what they meant. 

"Don't even start, he's like a brother to a bunch of us; and besides, he's dating Cho Chang, didn't you know?" you dried your hair some more.

"Cho Chang? as in the "two pumpkin pasties please" Cho Chang?" Ron asked. 

What a weird way to refer her.. but you nodded, then Hermione and Ron looked at each other then back to you. Hermione sat down her book next to her,  "Harry fancies her," she said in a low voice. 

You felt bad, especially saying it out so bluntly. "Yeah, whenever she's around, he gets all.. weird, " Ron scrunched his nose at the thought of it.

"better to let him find out himself." she added. you nodded as Harry and Mattheo came back laughing. "seems like they had a fun time, " you said raising your eyebrows. Honestly, it's quite odd seeing them all close. But it isn't bad.

Harry took his seat next to Ron, and Mattheo came up to you. He looked at you up and down and his smile faded just a little. He took a seat next to you, but he started to act a bit odd.. perhaps he felt under the weather?

he didn't even let out a small chuckle when Fred and George failed to put their names in as they weren't of the age yet and tried to use an aging potion that led to them being old. Honestly it was very entertaining.

everyone burst out laughing, even Hermione. Whilst Mattheo just stayed in a small sad looking smile. you didn't want to assume but you did try and cheer him up, by making small talk or making jokes. Though nothing worked, he seemed, bothered by something.

Only then did you realize the sweater in his hands as he tightened his grip on them. Maybe he really was feeling ill.

a long time passed and Penny called you over to the Hufflepuff's table as the announcement was going to happen in a few minutes.

Mattheo was first to leave and sat with his other Slytherin friends.

you said goodbye before heading to the Hufflepuff's table and you sat in between Cedric and Penny. waiting for the announcement of the Hogwarts champion quite anxiously.

The Durmstrang campion was chosen, as expected it was Viktor Krum that was chosen by the goblet. soon enough The Beauxbatons champion was chosen, a very pretty girl with long blonde hair named Fleur Delacour. The Hogwarts champion was seconds from being announced, nervous gasps were shared across the room as the flame turned red and the piece of paper flew out. "The Hogwarts champion.., Cedric Diggory!" everyone was excited, some even got on their feet, cheering Cedric on. "Go on Cedric!" Penny nudge his back signaling him to step forward and stood where other champions stood.

as Headmaster Dumbledore silenced everyone about to give his speech, but as he did the flame glowed red again, that never happened before. a paper flew out as confusion filled the room, Dumbledore slowly opened the paper,

"H-Harry potter.." what..???

 "HARRY POTTER!" he shouted once more.

Everyone stood silently.