30

"Welcome to London, My Lady," Ran walks the stairs down to ask for my hand. It was a piece of courtesy and I do not reach out to question his actions.

Our hands shake in unison as leaders of our own lands. "The pleasure is mine, Your Majesty," I seriously say and lets go of his hand.

"Call me, Ran," my brow raises in confusion when he suddenly wanted me to address him in a casual manner. 

It took me quite a minute to snap myself back to reality and agree to his terms. "Of course," I admit, it was uncomfortable for me to call him by the name I used to call him back then. With our new and royal states, it's necessary for both to build companionship.

London did not reject our gifts of gold and treasure. It would appeal rude to other countries if they took a hint of such things. We dine at a long table by the newly constructed palace. Back then it shined in gold but now the minimalistic touch of pure innocence and purity dazzles through the walls.

It was not long until Gazil presents himself as the Captain of the Royal Guards. He was not surprised to see me sit down and dine with the King. Though I was not expecting him to grow more buffer than how he was before. White hair was already showing in the streaks of his hair yet he still managed to look strong and young.

I was told that Aiden became the King's right hand. I guess everything is doing fine in this place. With a new ruler, London's stability over the other kingdoms remained strong and famished. Alliances and connections were made consistent as time flies.

This was not the first time I ate with Ran and a bunch of ministers from both sides but this happens to be the first occurrence to dine with him with no war and gore to talk about. We talk about politics and the plans for our own kingdom.

Setting aside our past encounters was such a great step to make. Although, I doubt none of these ministers know the strings the King and I had back then. Well, it doesn't somehow matter since all things from the past have been buried and kept.

After lunch, I find my feet dragging me to the place where my heart sets to ease. I can still remember back then, I came here with a single daisy. I was wounded and wrapped in bandages. Now, I brought with me a bouquet and presented myself in the way she'd like to see me.

I have now polished myself not to cry on such occasions, though it'd still be impossible for me to keep this demeanor in some cases. I place the flowers on top of Sammara's grave. Her name carved in stone was such a resting sight to see but it was painful as well.

My eyes pushed down the tears as my mind tries to stop the memories of her from floating to the top as it might drive me to shed tears again and blame myself for things. I know she's resting now, she's having the best times where she won't be hearing voices in her head.

She'll be with her mother and all the other people that have left this world to join the Creator. I know my time will come but that can't be today. I still have a kingdom to rule, people to serve and a legacy to maintain. 

The late King Aaron's name was written in books with such accomplishments and lies to carry as his name lasts through the ages. I'm certain it can be unwritten and replace those trash with the truth of his cruelty.