08

The whispers from the outside startle me awake. 

I open my eyes to witness the flies roaming around the ceiling of my room. As I stood up and lift myself, my own reflection in the mirror greets me halfway. I walked to the door and pushed it softly, trying to make a secretive exit.

As I pass by the living room of our house in the meadows of Japan, I noticed that the candle in my uncle's room was still on lit as it peeks through the door frame. I decided to go near his room and tried to sneak in but I heard whispers and clamors so I stayed outside and began to listen.

"It was years ago, Your Highness. We're not certain of what it might give the young lady." it was my uncle's voice. He was speaking to someone so familiar, judging by his words I was having only one person in mind. 

"Argus, you need to listen. Hiraya will only continue to live as healthy as she is now if she keeps on taking it." I was right, it was my mother. I'm certain of it, but why is she here? Shouldn't she suppose to be in Montereal?

I heard my uncle take out a sigh. "Your Highness, with all due respect, I care for the young lady just like you do but she's... she's grown up. She doesn't have an idea that she was taking those kinds of... I don't know what you call it. I want her to live normally, just like any other child."

They were quarreling about me, I don't understand a single thing but why would my uncle refuse something that my mother would give? It's for the betterment of my health and he should be accepting it with open arms.

"Normal?" my mother quoted. "Hiraya will never be like those other kids. She is my daughter, she is the duke's daughter and by the name she carries, it marks her divergent among others." mother emphasized.

I leaned by the wall while listening to their argument, I supposed they were trying to keep it down but because of defying opinions, they forgot to minimize their voices. I tried to look around, watching the corridors since Sierra might come any minute she realizes I'm out of my room.

While focusing on their words, I heard a small creak by the west wing which made me turn to the side to have a look at it. I stepped a foot forward and sneaked in but found nothing to my surprise.

After concluding, I turned back to listen but when I turned around, I jumped out from fear when I revealed myself in front of my mother who was about to exit my uncle's room. She subconsciously dropped a glass jar on the floor as she felt shocked.

"Mother," I uttered softly.

My mother placed her hands by her ears when the glass jar shattered into tiny pieces on the floor. "Hiraya, why are you awake at this hour?"

She immediately acted as if nothing happened. I looked at her eyes but when something touched my feet, my eyes traveled to the floor. My eyes couldn't believe what I saw. My heart raced as soon as I registered in my mind what it was. "B-blood,"

"Hira!"

There I awoke.