22

Fire screamed inside me. Flabbergasted would be such an understatement if I were to describe what I suddenly felt when an arrow was shot from an unknown post that I was not able to determine. 

I tried to search forward as I placed my hand down on the wall followed by my squinting and questioning eyes. The view from the top chamber was undeniably wretched. You can almost see the entirety of how the plague stained London.

The arrow was in colors white and red. I'm certain it's not one of ours. I plucked it out from the wooden pole and noticed that there was a small piece of paper tied to the arrow's body. Right before I could untie the knot, I couldn't contain the awful smell that lingers in the air.

Of course, the undeads' domain lies in front of me. Though, they have not yet sought my appearance since I was at the topmost post of the wall where most of the soldiers that will compromise this place are those who are wielding the archers instead of the swords.

When I behold the letter, it looks like it came from Cambridge as the letter was stamped with its symbol at the bottom of the page. I wouldn't want to be the only one who knows the contents of the letter. I went down and was directed to the Captain's office to relay what has happened.

Clamoring noises were heard from the office and I couldn't ignore the hisses that came from the Captain himself. I was hesitant to knock and break their moment but did it anyway. When the door was pulled to revelation, I saw Aiden and the Captain with eyes blazing in anger.

Along with them were some of the soldiers who came with us to demolish the bridges. Their eyes flashed to mine and now I was the center of their confusion. Captain Gazil immediately dropped the initial atmosphere they had and dismissed the soldiers who were kneeling and shaking in fear.

Up to this moment, I was still unaware of the commotion that has just finished. Some parts of me tell me not to join and ask regarding the clamor but I guess I was also in a current and disturbing uproar with myself. 

"Is there something wrong, Captain?" I ask as the captain took his seat.

Gazil sighs and continues to run circular pressure towards the temple of his head using the pads of his fingers. "I apologize for the unnecessary clamor, My Lady. It's just..." he stutters. "It's a whole new trouble,"

My eyes find Aiden who was at the corner of the room, pulling the curtains down from the window. I direct back to the Captain who's eyes were close to exhaustion. "There's no need for the courtesy and apology, Captain,"

"As you wish," he mutters and formally sits up straight.

I pull out the paper that I got from the arrow and placed it on top of Gazil's table. "It came from an arrow this morning, I believe it's from Cambridge," I softly say.

His questioning eyes lay unto mine before he unfolds the crumpled paper folded in quarter. He takes his time to read what was written. After he finishes registering to his mind the contents of the inquiry, he says. "Cambridge, you say?"