01

Royalty, hmm absolutely not a thing of mine.

"Lady Hiraya, Your Majesty." I was introduced, the doors lie in front of me, closed. 

I awaited while holding my skirt an inch higher for me not to step on it as I walk. "Let her in."

The doors opened, revealing the people inside the room who was waiting for my presence. My mother, the dutchess, smiled at me as she watched me walk down the aisle. My father, the duke was maintaining his serious expression.

This was the first time I was introduced, the second time I saw my parents and the third time I stepped inside the palace. My uncle, the Captain of the Royal Guards raised me in Japan ever since I was born. Now, that I have turned ten, my mother wanted me back in the palace.

"How come you've come this big? When I last saw you, you were still a tiny bud." Mother asked as she wrapped her arms around me. Her scent immediately caught my nose and it was the smell of foreign roses.

"It has been ten years and you've seen her once. Stop that and make her sit." Father was said to be hot-headed. His patience isn't that long so I'd better know my place.

The long table was filled with food, dishes I have never beheld. Father, Mother and I were the only ones sitting. Though, some servants were inside the room as well. I tried to act as formally as I can. My personal servant told me to act this way or else my father will get mad.

"Where are they? It's past lunchtime!" my father exclaimed. Mother followed a gasp as she was surprised by father's sudden actions.

"Why are you getting mad? It's not enough reason to frighten our little girl." mother confronted him. She placed her hand on top of his and looked him in the eye.

"She's not a little girl anymore, Virena. Stop overreacting," he answered. I maintained my silence as I watched the dishes in front of me.

I am hungry, too. But I was told that father would never eat without his sons. My brothers. Mother sighed, I think father is just angry because his sons were still not in the dining room. It will pass, hopefully.

"The Lords, Your Majesties." with the words spoken by the guard who guarded to doors, father's face enlightened within the very second.

"Ah-ah! My boys!" he stood up and he was smiling so gigantically. It could almost reach his ears, he greeted my brothers with open arms. "Come, come! I've been waiting for you, let's eat."

My brothers sat beside each other. Their smiles were impossible to wear off. They were in their formal coat and they absolutely look like twins, except for their hair. When one of my brothers landed his eyes on me, his smile went off. Oppositely as what I thought.

"Who's this?" he raised a brow and pointed me with his finger. 

That was highly unviewed. "This is your sister, Hira. Have you forgotten her already?" mother asked after she tells them my name.