29

My hand was sore from all the fighting. Blood dries on my skin and it's starting to give me trouble as I scrubbed it off my icy fingers. The war has been ended and the clash has vanished. The royal army made amends with the Japanese and somehow came to an agreement.

Hence the urgency, Gazil walks to me. He picks up my katana and hands it into my possession. "It's finished, Your Highness," he addresses in a hushed tone.

I raise my hand that holds the sword and looks at it. My mind made it disappear from my palm, leaving dust that searches for new places to land. A hundred corpses laid unto the floor, dragged slowly by soldiers of their own and a couple of the Japanese.

My leg became weak and I almost fell on my feet like a snapped twig unable to maintain its stand but Gazil's arm was there to assist my balance. The gore in this place screams for madness but the fire that began to burn the corpses showcased the end.

The blood of the dead that dried underneath my nails is the proof of courage every person in this room has. My throat was dry and words are gone. The soldiers opened the doors and started the aftercare of the clash that has just ended its reign.

A ghost of a smile was carved on the King's face before he took his last breath. I was waiting motionlessly. Waiting for nothing, not until I remembered Ran and Sammara. Gazil guides me to their whereabouts and there I found Ran on his feet beside Sammara who was lying on the soft mattress.

I push the curtains to the side and it grabbed their attention. Ran was completely injured but the stability of his body that was polished by much training made him carry the pain out. Sammara's a child, far too ignorant of the world's foolishness.

Ran empties his seat for me and Sammara reaches out her hand for me to hold. Tears couldn't get any more punctual. They immediately filled my eyes as soon as I wrapped Sammara's hand in between my palms and digs its way into my cheeks. 

"Hi, Hira," she whispers and it immediately brings me to a smile.

"Hey, Sam. It's been so long, isn't it?" I ask as I match the character of her voice.

My eyes immediately widen when I saw her wrinkle her nose in pain. The nurse hurries to her side and pulls the blanket to the foot of the bed. Blood was massively pooling in her stomach. The shock that climbed to my spine enabled me to stand up and release my rage.

The chair falls on the floor at my intensity. "Why have you done nothing after seeing her like this?!" I shouted at the nurse who was carrying the physician's order.

"H-hira, stop," Sam whispers as the pain she feels couldn't allow her to speak straight.

Ran and Gazil immediately jumps to the scene and pulls me back. "Why aren't you doing anything?! Can't you see she's in so much pain?" my voice shrinks to a whisper as my emotions brought me down.

Gazil calms me down and insists on taking me to the seat but I managed to come through. A physician calls me from the aisle and speaks to me about something. He walks a far side of the infirmary where the child could not hear us but I think she'll still be able to know.