21

Darkness, again. 

It was darkness whom I met in my sleep. Questions from both the past and present times came to conquer my mind. It felt as if I was trapped. Breathlessness composed me as I tried to gasp for air.

But only pain and the great unknown caressed my longing heart that was emptied by my sentiments. I tried to make a light. Opened my palm to the side of my craving for a dream. The pain began to climb. It was like pulling my limbs apart.

The scent of mint and honey brought me back, waking beside the lass, I'm back. 

Sammara's eyes widened upon seeing me open mine. I gasped for air and the nauseating feeling I had earlier vanished. She helped me up as she placed her hand behind me, supporting my weight. I sat on the white and soft mattress of her bed.

I was clueless to the point that the things I heard from everyone's minds got me nothing. There was no comprehension between their thoughts and my ability to hear them. I was not injured nor was I wounded but my head couldn't bear the lightness it feels and my hand began to press its temple.

"Why am I like this?" I question.

Sammara caressed my back to help me stay calm. "I believe what happened earlier was the second time I've seen it occur," she answers.

"Tell me," I say.

She pushes herself closer to me and covers half of herself with the blanket. "You collapsed, again. You collapsed after you had a fight with Nerezza," she states.

My mind began to draw the memories I had with Nerezza but something primary was flashed in the center. The memory of me and her fighting was still too indefinite for me to understand. I focused to rely on the first memory I have of her.

The very second I saw her swelling abdomen, crumpled and filled with blood got me to feel the same way as I feel right now. Something flashes clear and this time it was the scene of what happened earlier in the day. Aiden shot her. 

"I don't know why, Hira but the fact that you keep on losing consciousness every time you see her injured got me to think that she can be your weakness," she explains while I stare at the door educating myself as to what happened.

"Where is she?" I ask as I lower my hand to hers.

She moistens her lips with her tongue. "She's safe. She's back in the palace with the Prince," 

I gathered my thoughts with the comprehension of the reason behind my fall. Nerezza's something I shouldn't underestimate with. She can drag me down without me knowing. The thought of her not knowing what she actually caused also got me frozen.

"She's epileptic," I say.

My sudden words alarmed Sammara. "Who is?"