15

The moment I snapped myself back to reality, the feeling that wrapped me externally was far more than comfort. Inside, I tried to deny its proven sentiment. But I'd rather see myself bleed than fall.

I pushed Ran away from me and met his questioning eyes. He had scratches on top of his eyebrow and his lower lip was bleeding. He had such bruises on his neck and his forehead allowed blood to drip down.

"Get yourself a nurse, Keinan." I started. "You wouldn't want to scare the kids with blood on your face,"

Being as cold as ice plastered with sea salt was one thing I could always portray. But to someone who knows me well, they surely can't let my disguise pass through. I walked towards the door and slammed it shut. Leaving him alone by the veranda.

I shifted to my room and sat on my bed while my arms crossed in uncertainty. Trying to guess and elaborate the sudden fall of sensible proof that lingered in today's situation. I stroked my hair as I removed the hair tie that composed my hair's braid.

Jumping into the shower room and allowing the warm water to travel to my skin was something I always adored. Eliminating the freezing gasps of the ocean breeze. I tidied myself as lunch was being served in the banquet room in celebration of the travel's abundance. 

I took a second to watch myself in the mirror. To my surprise, there were long strands of visible black hair. Months ago, the tip of my hair turned black. I didn't imagine it to continue growing with this new color.

Finding a handgun by my drawer made me twist my memories back, thinking if it was me who placed it here or someone could have entered my room and put the gun inside. With little time, I grabbed it and hangs it by my belt.

I made my way towards the banquet room only to see dishes piled up on a long table. Children with smiles on their faces, stretched out to the point that it might metaphorically reach their ears.

Gazil stood up and made himself visible so that I can accompany Nerezza, Aiden, and him by the table where they are seated. When I was near, the three of them almost showed courtesy in the middle of a public gathering. And so, I gestured them with my hands to keep it to themselves.

They sat down after I had my seat. "What's this?"

I happen to question one of Aiden's belongings. There was a couple of flowers that lay on top of a silver platter. It somehow looked very familiar to me as my mother always taught me how to distinguish flowers whether they're poisonous or not.

"Oh, I found it by the King's garden. I thought of giving them to the girls, thinking that they might like it because of their vibrant colors," his words brought me immediate doubt.

The King's garden? I might have missed taking a look at it when we were at the Royal Premises. Yes, the kids might like it but having this odd feeling made me doubt opposing Aiden's choice of giving it to the girls.

I question. "You found this from the King's garden?"