10

It was a portrait. 

"Tue! Get the portrait and bring it here." Captain Stain commanded one of the crewmen to bring the canvas-looking frame.

It was covered in a white thin cloth but the sketch was a bit visible. I thoroughly observed the structure of how it was portrayed and find it familiar. Tue and the others began to remove the nails that kept the cover intact.

When it was slowly falling off the frame, my lips parted and my head slowly shook. I blinked twice and looked at it for the second time but the cloth kept my uncertainty dominant so I allowed the chamber to get passed by a strong wind that surely removed the cover.

I exhaled, deeply not believing what I have just seen. 'Impossible,' 

The men threw a reaction when the white cover flew off its place and I was stunned to my conclusion. Captain Stain walked forward to confirm the people in the portrait. "The Duke and Duchess of..."

He seemed to have confusions of the duke and duchess' recognition and I decided to complete the phrase. "Montereal."

"Right!" Captain Stain exclaimed.

I slowly lowered my head when I felt tears forming in my eyes. I sensed Ran's strong gaze beside me and his silence brought me assurance. My ears were surprised to hear the Captain's applaud but I tried to remain endorsed.

"Thank you, Your Graces." I saw him bend his left knee and the rest of the men followed. "These treasures will be of good use, I assure you of that." he continued to speak of his gratitude.

They took seconds to thank the royalties of Montereal while I lifted my head and looked at the portrait while maintaining my glued act. The crewmen began to put the coins, the gold, and the jewelry inside of their bags.

"They were such good leaders. Montereal has always been a respected country." Gazim spoke.

Ran moved forward and placed his hands inside his pocket. "I met the duke once, he was strict. The duchess, on the other hand, was affectionate. She cared for my mother when she was still alive."

I looked at the portrait as if they were real. It was as if my mother was looking at me right now, in front of me. I pushed my lips to the side as I thought of the moments that were so precious to be left out in my mind.

"You're one charmed lad, Sire! You met such good people in your early stage." Gazim uttered and patted Ran's back which made Ran gaze over his shoulder. Gazim immediately removed his hand from Ran's back when he realized that Ran was gazing at his hand.

While they spoke, I made my way towards the flattened rock to rest my tramp. I also ripped a short portion of my sleeve and slowly wrapped it around my right palm. My ears became so attentive as they continued to talk about my parents.

"Lord William looked like the Duke so much, all of my companion in the army waited for the time he'll take over his father's throne." Captain Stain mention, they were zipping up bags while making sure they kept the treasures locked.