17

Holding the sword of the killer while he breathed heavily was how Ran dismissed the chase after letting go of the crewman. He stared at the sword. His eyes were filled with hatred. I had no words left to say as I watched him walk towards the straight path.

When we stepped on this land for the first time today, I saw stars in his eyes. He looked so happy to come back. I never thought those stars would be buried by tears and gloom on this same and event-turning day.

As I took steps behind him, I felt the course of the win change. It was as if danger was speaking to me. Warning, declaring a threat that something might happen. With the odds not on our favor today, I glimpsed at Ran's hand.

His tightened grip on the sword showed his veins that bulged under his skin. There were instances when his fingers trembled at the thought of losing someone by a second. There, my ears caught something from behind.

I gasped. Feeling the pain from my palm as it raised itself to the side. Catching the arrow that was intended to shoot Ran. My hushed grunt alarmed Ran, causing him to notice the situation from behind.

My palm bled as the arrow in between my palm deeply scraped my skin. This was the first time I ever thought of proving the act of being vigilant in all ways possible. Right before the arrow was shot, peculiar footsteps managed to slip by my ears.

Something whistled in the wind. Keeping my timing right allowed me to trap the arrow in between my palms but it caused me bearable pain. Ran's eyes widened by the sight of my palm. He hurriedly grasped the arrow's head and removed it from my possession.

"Seven o'clock," I whispered as I met his eyes.

He carefully placed his hand on my wrist. Sliding my leather wrist-vest to acquire the knife I had. He awaited my queue and the wind was my guide. By the time he successfully had the knife in his hands, I happened to hear a gun being loaded in secret.

My eyes kept still. Feeling the pressure, I shouted. "Now!"

Ran, without hesitation, threw the knife in a sideways arch. Sensing someone run to the left side of the hustle field made him think and act with an advanced manner of choice. The knife pierced the archer as it dropped down behind a stall that sells goods ought to be reused.

Countless people began to dash out of the circle as soon as blood was spilled. I'm certain bloodbath has never been a specific event in this place, of course, I'm not talking about the natural gore that has been lingering and painting the world red.

Ran couldn't keep to his feet even for a second. His tamed hands removed the cloth that covered the archer's face. It didn't seem familiar to me but I know it is to him. At this very moment, the thought of numerous people trying to hunt us down got me by the bait.

I couldn't understand the conclusion that pertains to the question 'why'. It has just been hours, ever since we departed from the ship but we already encountered much to register. Ran sighed at the memory of his crewmember, sleeping to death by the hands of I assume, someone he knew.