07

It was late when I realized she was alone.

"You were talking to someone earlier, do you mind telling me who it was?" I asked her while braiding her hair as she sat in front of me. She acted afraid minutes ago but I guess she managed to overcome it.

It took her a second to answer. "I was talking to myself. I tend to do that all the time." she answered softly.

I placed my palm on her shoulder to let her know I was done and she turned around. She was just a child, her eyes were like the hills in summer, her freckles also stood out the most. "Can you tell me your name?"

I tried to sound as softly as possible since I wanted her to trust me in order for me to help her as well. "Sammara,"

My lips moved to the side as soon as she told me her name. "My name is Hira," I started. "My friends and I came here to help you so don't worry, we'll protect you." I pushed a strand from her hair that was beyond her ears.

"Where are your friends?" she asked.

"They're looking for another survivor, just like you. Our captain told us that there are two survivors hiding in this building, including you. Do you know where the other one is?" I questioned and met with her eyes.

She shook her head but came with a word to speak. "I do not know but sometimes I can hear someone screaming upstairs though I wasn't sure if it was an undead or a living person." she explained while rubbing her palms together to warm herself.

I took her hand and placed it in between my palms, allowing my abilities to wrap her shivering skin. "Alright, let's go to the place where my friends and I promised to meet. Hmm?" she gave me a smile as soon as she felt her palms warm enough.

She nodded as well.

After receiving her responses, I grabbed the bow that was seated beside me while my other hand held hers. She held on tight but as soon as we began to walk, she paused which allowed me to stop and look at her.

"Hira," she uttered. 

I bent down, placed my bow on the floor, and looked at her eyes. "Why? Is there something you want to tell me?"

Sammara's eyes were focused on the floor and it made me a little worried as her skin began to get cold. She stayed like that for a couple of seconds. "Someone will die."

With her sudden words, my lips parted. "W-what are you saying?"

I asked but she was still looking at the ground, her palms were starting to get wrapped by the cold again so I lit the remaining wood in the fireplace with my mind. "Sammara?" I called her name but she was still unconscious while physically conscious.

"Sammara!" I exclaimed and it brought her back.