Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Past

"Change your form," panimula ni Tavion.

Mas naramdaman ko ang likuran niya sa akin nang higit na magpakita ang bilang ng mga Attero sa paligid namin na kapwa mga nagliliwanag ang mga kamay.

Tumigil na ang paglapit ng malamig na usok sa amin, ngunit hindi iyon naging dahilan upang mawala ang kaba sa dibdib ko. Isama pa ang mabagal na paggalaw ng mga ulap sa kalangitan na anumang oras na ay higit nang magtatakip sa liwanag ng buwan.

The tension overwhelmed as the enemies started to approach. Tavion and I did the most appropriate thing in that situation, to make ourselves look tough and powerful as if we were not trapped and cornered foreigners from different worlds.

Even with his back against me, I could picture Tavion with his red blazing eyes, fangs and sharp nails that would intimidate even those creatures with magical hands. They might look magical, but Tavion and I looked too dangerous for a prey.

Kahit ako'y hindi pinanatili na maging isang babaeng nahuli sa gitna ng kagubatan ang ipinakikita sa kanila. With my unusual golden eyes, and an ability to make a light through my heart with the use of the map, the hesitation from our enemies' eyes started to get clearer.

"And what? Do you think I'd look weaker in this form?"

"Of course not."

I smirked.

Gumala ang tingin ko sa paligid at napansin ko na tila iisa lang ang mukha ng mga Attero na nakapalibot sa amin.

"Are they siblings or-"

"Illusion, Iris. We only got one opponent," bulong sa akin ni Tavion.

"Let's have a bet, Iris. The one who got the real one will have one wish."

"Really?"

Bago pa man tuluyang gumalaw si Tavion mula sa pagkakasandal sa likuran ko ay mabilis ko na siyang inunahan. If someone would ask me about the similarities between vampires and werewolves, it's always the extent of their senses. Halos hindi na nalalayo ang abilidad namin lalo na kung hindi pangkaraniwang ang bampirang ikukumpara sa isang lobo.

I am confident that I could quickly identify the real magician among his clones, but the question is, how quick?

I only knew Tavion as a Gazellian and a prince from the other world, but I never knew how he honed his skills and abilities. And what would be the extent of his survival skills?

As I dodged every attack of the magician from different directions, and as I got nearer to his position, I just realized that this journey is not just all about how would I find Caleb, play Howl's plan, and follow my heart the moment my eyes met Tavion, but also how I grow not just as a woman with a map, but a warrior, a fighter- a white werewolf with a purpose.

This journey is not all about answering the tangled love, finding mysteries, and discovering anything in this unexpected world, but seeking the most important, realizing my real worth and value.

Simula nang malaman kong ako ang babaeng itinakdang maghawak ng mapa na hinahangad ng karamihan, nagsimula nang umikot doon ang mundo ko. I suddenly forgot the woman before the map arrived, and I allowed the map to define me, rather than I, Iris Evangeline Daverionne that should define the map.

I shouldn't live within the universe of the map, rather I should let the map live within me. I should lead the map because every creature is a map itself.

We create our own journey, we made our own path, and choose where to stop.

This adventure is not just all about searching or saving Caleb from somewhere, but instead, it's all about finding my true self.