Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Behind the ugly scarf

A shadow in the midst of the night, with the pair of piercing fire rubies, crows fluttering around him, a single-arm stretch on the tree's body, and his ruined scarf around his neck being blown by the wind.

It was impossible to see his face with the darkness of the night and the scarf hiding half of his face, and when I tried to take another step, the man moved not to run away from me but to pull his dagger from his back.

The fast movement of his silver dagger triggered my whole ability as a werewolf. Bago pa man tuluyang tumama sa akin ang ibinato niya ay agad kong napalitan ang kaanyuan ko.

I roared angrily at him before he jumped off and started to run.

He's a fucking vampire!

At nasisiguro kong siya ang nanggugulo kay Caleb. Saglit akong lumingon sa pinanggalingan ko para kuhanin ang atensyon ni Caleb, pero alam kong sa sandaling inaksaya ko ang aking oras ay makakalayo ang kalaban.

And he's injured! The poison on that silver arrow made him weak to notice that the attacker was in my direction.

Ilang beses kong ipinilig ang ulo ko at higit na binigyan ng atensyon ang bampirang hinahabol ko.

Vampires are known fast runners. Ngunit huwag niyang minamaliit ang mga lobong katulad ko na may apat na mga paa.

I chased him. Tulad ng paniniwala ni Lucas, hindi pa ako ganoong kasanay sa aking kaanyuan dahil bago pa lamang ako. But I am a fast learner. Lahat ng bagay na nais kong malaman at gustong makamit ay madali kong nakukuha dahil sa pagnanais at kakayahan ko.

This vampire is a threat. Kung hindi siya nagawang maramdaman ng aming reyna at ng mga pinakamalalakas na nilalang ng emperyo, hindi ko na dapat palagpasin ang sitwasyong ito.

If I'd be caught in a fight with him, I could easily roar and call everyone's attention for help. Agad akong maririnig ni Lucas at Reyna Leticia. Nasisigurado kong hindi na siya aabutin ng bukas, with Prince Rosh's cut throat attitude. We could immediately finish this arising conflict with this mysterious enemy.

Lalo kong binilisan ang pagtakbo, ganoon din ang lalaking nasa harapan ko. All I could see were blurry figures of trees, hurried rabbits, deers, squirrels, bears, and other animals to hide from an angry white werewolf. The sharp blade-like tall grasses never bothered my thick white fur, and even the brittle branches of small plants never wavered me. My mouth was non-stop to bit and threw away the hindrance as I got closer to him.

When I could completely see our distance and the successful chance to get him, I immediately grabbed the opportunity. Mataas akong tumalon patungo sa kanya.

If the mysterious vampire were graced by the moonlight a while ago, which was surprising, right now it was me who was supported by the moonlight. Saglit nawala ang liwanag sa kanya dahil ang buong kaanyuan ko ang nagtakip ng liwanag na nagmumula sa buwan.

"Fuck..." he said as his red eyes got wider.

Hindi na siya nakatakbo pa nang marahas akong pumangibabaw sa kanya. A heavy thud with my four legs on his body, my gritting teeth, glowing golden eyes, and nails starting to dig his chest.

Nanatiling tanging kanyang pulang mga mata lamang ang nakikita ko. The ugly and old scarf was still hiding his hideous face. I was about to open my mouth and rip his head off away from his body when I felt a sharpened thing below my neck.

"Are you aiming for my neck as well?"

Ramdam ko na agad ang panghihina ko. He has a silver dagger as a fucking weapon! Pero nasisiguro kong isa siyang bampira!