Old Madam Xie was crying tears of joy. She had been keeping this secret in her heart for too long. It was so long that with only two years left to her son's lift, Old Madam Xie was despairing.

Now, it was finally extreme adversity in the beginning of luck, dispelling the clouds and seeing the sun.

Old servant Huang suddenly realized what was happening.

No wonder the old madam placed this much importance on Jiang fourth miss. Before, it was not like there were no women with special destiny who wanted to get married to the duke, but once they got near the duke, their faces turned white and they almost fainted. There was a noble lady who persisted until seven days, but then she got sick in bed and almost died.

Old madam's face became heavier and heavier, even feeling slight despair.

And then, she suddenly adopted a relatively old child to be put under the duke's name which old servant Huang could not understand. Now, she finally understood the reason why the old madam did that.

The old madam did not want the nobility the duke fought so hard for to be taken back by the imperial family.

At the same time, the successor of the duke residence could not be too small so she chose the smart and good looking oldest son of Xie clan's second branch.

He was not given the official title of heir because the old madam was still bearing hope of the single living chance the high monk said. The old madam was waiting for that single chance.

And now, she had finally found it.

Chapter 50

Old servant Huang was happy for the old madam.

"Congratulations, old madam. The duke will live to hundreds and have kids and grandchildren."

"That's right. The only regret is my body is frail. I don't know if I have the chance to see my biological grandchild to grow up." Old Madam Xie was very happy and could not help but felt a little greedy.

The main hall was silent.

Old servant Huang did not know how she should cheer the old madam up. She could only change the topic carefully and speak of happy things with Old Madam Xie. Around fifteen minutes later, Old Madam Xie had felt better.

At this moment, an old servant announced the arrival in front of the door of the main hall.

"Old madam, the duke and Jiang fourth miss arrived."

As the old servant said this, Old Madam Xie sat straight and tidied her dress nervously. She stared at the door of the main hall with eyes carrying worry. Her heart felt a little sour and longing, and there was more of the happiness for meeting her son soon.

Hearing Xie Qi's word, A'Heng's ominous energy worsened.

When Old Madam Xie was thinking randomly , Jiang Ningbao hugged a small delicate wine jar and entered Thriving Joy Hall at the same time as Duke Ding Xie Heng. Chun Xi and Butler Zhao were left outside and did not enter.

The man was tall and handsome, the female was delicate and beautiful.

They looked like a pair.

Old Madam Xie saw the two people entering at the same time and her eyes were lit up, especially when she saw the little lady wearing a light blue dress standing with her son. She revealed a happy smile.

After Duke Ding Xie Heng entered the main hall and went to the center, he stopped and did not walk forward. He gazed that the white haired Old Madam Xie from afar and his heart felt stifled. He subconsciously rubbed the buddhist bracelet he wore and he did his best to restrain the ominous energy.