"Qian Bi, give this letter to Duke Ding's heir."

Qian Bi took the letter and respectfully retreated.

Yang Shuqing looked at the incense burner with a complicated gaze. She admitted that she had fallen for Duke Ding Heir, but she had not avenged those people in her past life yet. She had not cruelly enacted her vengeance against King Jin and Queen Jin. How could she marry another?

But letting her give up on Xie Jingyi.....She could not.

She also wanted to be pampered by another and had the warmth that only belonged to her and no other woman. Only her.

This kind of feeling, only Xie Jingyi could give her.

In her past life, he only had Jiang Ningbao and she became the target of admiration from other ladies in the capital.

Yang Shuqing was one of them.

In the years being in the Cold Palace, she had imagined many times if she had not stubbornly wanted to marry over as a noble concubine, cefei, would the ending be different?

Even if she could not marry someone like Xie Jingyi who was loyal, she still could become the legal wife.

She wanted to proudly and magnificently marry over, becoming the legal wife.

This had become Yang Shuqing's obsession.

This life, Yang Shuqing changed her unruly behavior and was not blinded by love anymore. She step by step snatched the initiative and disguised as a man to gather power outside.

But the rumor outside was very noisy outside and there were a lot of people hired to condemn her. This must be related to her dad's concubines and the concubine-born sisters. At this moment, she could not do anything to become the spotlight. That would only make her reputation become worse.

Only Xie Heir could do something.

But she would not do nothing. Yang Shuqing's eyes darkened and a bright light flashed through her eyes. A moment later, she decided to meet Jiang Ningbao and apologize to her.

She did what she thought and she called another trusted servant called Qian Rong. She gave her another letter and instructed something in a low voice. Qian Rong then left quickly.

Chapter 20

Changning Count Residence

Jiang Ningbao quietly waited for Xie Jingyi to annul the engagement for three days already. There was still no news which made her raise her brows. She even silently joked that could it be Xie Jingyi did not dare to annul the engagement because of how ferocious the rumor outside was?

No, it should not be.

The female and male leads in the reborn novel had great attraction to each other, especially Xie Jingyi who already felt like toward Yang Shuqing. How could he let her be wronged?

"Lady, three days have passed. Heir Xie should not cancel the engagement."

Chun Xi's face was filled with joy. Even if the rumor outside were flying without restraint, but the engagement between the lady and Heir Xie had not been revoked officially. It might not even be canceled.

Even the first madam in the residence was still waiting for news and did not dare to do anything excessive.

"Chun Xi, what are you being happy for? Xie heir also did not say that he will not revoke the engagement." Jiang Ningbao smiled lightly and poured her a douse of cold water.

The happiness in Chun Xi's face were gone and she glanced at her lady with a trace of blame. Why won't the lady think positive?

"Chun Xi, I sent you to watch Duke Ding Residence and Anyuan Marquis Residence's oldest miss. Is there any new development?" Jiang Ningbao did not care about the male lead Xie Jingyi's troubles. She only wanted to know what Old Madam Xie was thinking.