Chapter 1 - 3

Chapter 1

Dayue Dynasty Second year of Ganyuan Calendar

It was the beautiful time of spring flower blooming and the air, after suddenly getting warmer, turned cold again. The gentle breeze stirred lightly and the flower petals moved a little. The air was filled with the light scent of the flowers.

The first rays of the morning sun shyly peeked, gray dawn floated on the east side.

The servants in Changning Count Residence had started to get busy. They shuttle back and forth in their own courtyards and the residence slowly became merrier.

A silent and elegant courtyard on the west side was quiet instead. There was not a single servant hurrying in there.

On the carved bed inside of the courtyard, Jiang Ningbao who was asleep opened her eyes. Her eyes were beautiful and her looks were flawless. Her disposition was soft and clear, looking delicate and charming, making others feel pity.

"I actually transmigrated into a book?"

Jiang Ningbao lifted the thin blanket on her body and sat on the side of the bed. Her eyebrows knitted slightly and she felt shocked and disbelief. Jiang Ningbao sat quietly for a while and then opened the veil, wearing a single layer of clothing to get out of the bed. She wore a pair of embroidered shoes and arbitrarily used her hair ribbon to tie her waist.

Then, the door opened with a creak. A girl wearing crow blue clothes quietly and smoothly entered the room. Seeing that the person inside the room had woken up, she let out a surprised sound.

"Lady, you're awake?"

Jiang Ningbao glances at the incoming person and let out a faint smile, nodding lightly. She took the toothbrush made from poplar willow branch and moistened the toothpowder made from medicinal materials and rinsed her mouth.

After rinsing her mouth, Jiang Ningbao started to wash her face.

Looking at the exquisite face reflected on the water inside the copper basin, Jiang Ningbao stared at it blankly. Even though she had been seeing it for more than then years, she still was not used to this delicate and beautiful face.

In her previous life, Jiang Ningbao's appearance was bright and colorful with a strong disposition. Who knew that once she transmigrated, her look was the opposite of the beauty spectrum, a tender and delicate beauty.

Even if she was angry, she would look like a beauty grumbling in a flirty manner.

This look was the easiest to earn pity from men and grew envy from women.

Jiang Ningbao sighed and did not stare at the reflection any longer. She washed her face with practiced movements and wiped her face clean with the towel brought by the servant. The female servant beside her let out a forced smile and said in a low voice, "Miss, your breakfast is the chicken congee you love."

Saying this, the servant girl lowered her head and quickly took out the chicken congee out of the food box.

The chicken congee smelt good. It was apparent that the skill of the head chef in the residence was good.

Being Changning Count Residence's oldest legal daughter from the second branch, Jiang Ningbao wore the silks and satin, ate delicacies from land and sea.... but that was before. From three years ago, her parents encountered bandits on the was home to the clan. They fell from the cliff and it was still unknown whether they were still alive or not. From the on, her meals decreased day by day.

Especially these past few days. Her breakfast was only a bowl of soup.

Fortunately, the soup was still made by the head chef who was skilled at making porridge.