One Hundred Nineteen |

Start from the beginning

I nodded, "Can you trust me as well?"

"Yes."

A sigh broke from my now calmed body, "That's enough."

Remember who you're fighting for, Zero said softly.

I nodded, the panic gone, but the anger remaining. She was right, and I wouldn't let myself weaken like that again. Instead, I moved. Darting into the room and grabbing my sword, then I slipped out. My eyes flickering around the cabin quickly. Izaak said he was getting firewood—no doubt Barron was outside waiting. I had to get to them before they got to me. Not to mention I had to keep these dogs inside. I couldn't win against eight dogs.

My legs moved, every instinct on high alert as I moved. My eyes soaking in every movement in the cabin, my ears ready to detect every threat—I opened the front door slowly, crouching down to peek past the wood. It was raining still, my nose twitching as the strong smell of fresh rain, lake water and pine. Carefully, I stepped out and onto the wet grass. Sure enough, in the short distance I could see a shed without doors full of wood. There, under the roof stood Barron and Izaak. My eyes narrowed, suspicions confirmed.

"Of course," I snarled loudly.

Both of them turned, Barron shoving Izaak back as I pulled my blade free.

His eyes narrowed and he smirked, his body shielding Izaac's for an unknown reason.

"You're nosier than I remember," he bantered.

A cold smirk pulled onto my lips, "Funny. You're more suicidal than I remember."

"Wait stop please!" Izaak said calmly, "We can explain everything!"

I shook my head, "Yeah, right. Like last time?"

"Wha—last time?" he replied confused.

Barron seemed to grimce—an act I was sure, "I killed her grandfather."

Izaak let out a noise, and I paused. A cold and quiet rage built up.

He knew Sonar was your grandfather before attacking the island, Zero growled.

Our rage was unleashed.

I let out a cry. Moving forward, Barron let out a grunt, practically tossing Izaak away from the two of us with enough force that the bastard landed in a puddle. He whistled, a zombie dog darting out of the trees and in front of Barron. My blade cut through it like butter.

"Shields now?" I snarled, dropping my sword.

It was too slow, I wanted to rip Barron apart with my bare hands.

He smirked, "Careful girl, you'll end up hurting yourself."

Lifting his boot, kicking me in the stomach. I heaved allowing the act to drop me, before I spung on my hands and lifted my leg, from my crouch I drop-kicked him in the chest. He let out an oof flying onto his ass. I stood, accepting the rain that soaked my clothing, my head high and the will not to cry as fragile as ice. I would not let this bastard see my tears.

"I am going to enjoy ripping your flesh from your bones," I said quietly, deadly, as I stalked towards him, "I am going to torture you as slow as possible, so don't die too fast m'kay?"

Barron stood, his stance on the defensive, those almond eyes wide and alert, "Try it bitch."

"Please stop this!" Izaak cried.

Barron's body tilted slightly, his attention turning to Izaak for a mere second. I don't know why his attention moved off of me and onto the other man, and I don't know why his eyes softened like they did but it was a moment that I had the advantage. I lunged forward, my fingers curling into claws. He turned back to me too slow—my palm slamming into his throat and we both fell. I straddled him, my nails jabbing into his throat.

"I hate you," I cried angrily, tightening my grip, "And I hope you know how much I'm going to enjoy this. I'm going to kill you, and then every one of Maxwell's dogs."

His eyes hardened, and he spat blood up at me, "Do it."

As my fingers tightened something clicked. Cold metal touching my neck. I tilted my head up at the idiot who now held my sword at my throat. Izaak's eyes were wide, his hands shaking—the sword shaking. He looked nervous, and panicked, like he had never taken a life before. It was all an act, I was sure. He was a Maxwell dog after all.

I smirked, feeling the sword draw a line of blood, "Are you so eager to die?"

His shook got worse, "L-Let him go."

"Izaak; put the fucking sword down and go inside," Barron said slowly, "He has nothing to do with this. I tricked him. I used him. He has nothing to do with Maxwell."

A laugh bubbled out of my mouth, "Right."

The rain was relentless to our triangle.

"I did!," Barron snarled, his eyes wild, "I washed up near the dam with the sword. He found me and nursed me back to health. I didn't tell him anything—I used him. The idiot actually thinks I fell in love with him."

My brow arched.

"T-That's not true," Izaak whimpered, the sword against my throat loosening.

I looked back to Barron, "What are you saying?"

He smirked, tears in his eyes, "What does it sound like? I used him just like I use my undead puppets. He was another pawn with a shit-ton of dogs I could use. I'm on whatever side benefits me and he benefited me in the moment. Kill me and let him go, he's a love struck f-faggot."

"That's not true!" Izaak yelled, dropping the sword and falling to his knees, "It's not true."

My eyes widened and I nodded, trusting his words, "Fine."

"Then get it over with," he snarled, shutting his eyes.

I blinked back to the task at hand—the way my nails dug into his neck and the situation. Barron was finally right where I wanted him, I could take revenge on everything he has done and yet right now it felt wrong. He's not even fighting back, Zero muttered. She was right, he wasn't even trying to win. Even when he summoned that zombie dog, it was to shield him, it wasn't to attack. My head cocked to Izaak who was crying softly, sobbing and my heart softened.

I held back a sigh; all my anger vanishing. This isn't what Sonar would have wanted. Hell, the old man would beat me if I took this as a goddamn win. So instead, I looked over at Izaak. I had known him for practically half a second and yet I already knew he was probably the only honest to good person left in this fucking world.

"Fine," I repeated, slipping into an act that would send me to hell one day, "You involved an innocent man into your business and that was your mistake. He has to die."

Barron's eyes flew open and I saw his truth—pure fear, "What?"

"You think after all you've done I can just let him live?" I replied, avoiding his gaze, afraid he'd see right through my act, I smirked for added effect, "I'm going to enjoy ripping out your throat and then his. Every single person you've ever talked to will die."

Izaak sobbed louder, making me feel really bad.

"Stop," Barron snarled, "I swear to god if you touch him I-I'll—" he paused realizing his mistake.

His voice had cracked with emotion.

I leaned back, my hand leaving his throat, "Goddamn it."

"Please don't hurt him," he sighed, giving up on his own act, "P-Please."

My eyes rolled, and I stood, "Stop begging. It doesn't suit you."

Slowly, he sat up, confusion on his face, "Ok."

"You love him, you stink of love, it's disgusting," I snapped angrily, "I can't kill someone so pathetically in love."

His eyes rolled, "Yeah and so are you."

"Yeah," I breathed softly, "I know."