|2: sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ʙᴏʏғʀɪᴇɴᴅ|

Start from the beginning

" Finally, I finished buying the groceries!"

I sighed in relief as I checked the list for the last time. I looked inside my satchel to find about 15 extra dollars that Tia left for me so I could buy something I'd like.

I looked at the shops near me, and my eyes landed upon a vibrant jewelry shop just a few more shops away. The ceremony was tonight, so I could maybe buy something to go with my outfit!

But the thing is, I don't even know hat I'll be wearing.

...

Who the hell cares.

I speed walked towards the store. Once I stepped inside, I was already staring at all the beautiful earrings, necklaces and bracelets that were being showed. It was really hard to choose what to buy, knowing theirs so much more things.

But after a minute if searching, my I finally decided on a moon necklace that really caught my eye.

I immediately went up to the cashier and bought it before walking out of the store and then saw a familiar girl walking through the town.

Maria.

I have been best friends with her for as long as I can remember. Sadly, I only saw her during the summer when I visited the encanto. She was almost viewed as Isabela, exempt she had no gift. Over the years, she became more... Toxic? I'm not sure how to explain her attitude, but she only acts up like that sometimes. I think.

"Hey Maria!" I exclaimed, which grabbed her attention as she turned her head so her amber eyes were facing my (E/C) ones.

"Oh, hi (Y/N).." Maria forced a smile. She didn't seem so happy to see me as I walked up to her. So I didn't hug her this time.

" I really missed you! How have you been doing lately? Anything exciting happened?"

" Well, I've been doing great, and I actually have gotten closer to a boy.." She announced, her cheeks turning pinkish.

" It's uh, Camilo Madrigal! Y'know, the one who shapeshifts?" When she said that, I felt some weird feeling. Was it jealousy?

Chill, (Y/N). You barely know him, plus Maria seems like a good match for him.

"Oh really?" I asked, playing along with this.

We got to talk for almost an hour. It was really fun, since we haven't talked like this in ages. But then she suddenly 'remembered something'.

" Oh crap, I just remembered that I need to buy a dress for tonight. I'll see you then!" She ran off before I could say anything. Yet I still don't know what to wear.

I probably have something at home. Plus there's still a lot of time left before sunset.

I walked down the path without finally realizing.

I'm lost.

I've never been on this part of town before. At least I don't remember it.

I'm kind of an anti-social person when it comes to people I barely know, so I decided not to ask anyone for directions and try and find my way home by myself.

Wrong decision, (Y/N).

I found myself even more lost in a deeper part of town. But I then passed by an alleyway and heard quiet sobs. So of course, I wanted to find out what was going on. I walked through the alleyway as the sobs which now seemed feminine became louder.

Then, I took a right and found Isabela sitting against a wall, crying into her arms. Isabela Madrigal.

I walked closer to her and asked quietly enough so I wouldn't scare the women. " Are... You okay?"

☾︎

|ʙᴏɴᴜs sᴄᴇɴᴇ|

ᶜᵃᵐⁱˡᵒ'ˢ ᵖᵒᵛ

I walked to the dining table for brunch, my plate stacked with arepas con queso. I couldn't wait to devour all of these.

It was just about to take a bite of my food, when I was interrupted.

"Hm!" Dolores squeaked, looking down at her plate with slightly widened eyes. This meant she heard something she wasn't supposed to hear.

Mamá looked at her with a worried look. " Are you okay, querida?"

Dolores looked back at her with a smile. " yup, I'm fine! I just heard some... Gossip." Mamá smiled sweetly and began to eat her food, and so did I. But I only get to eat half an arepa when Dolores interrupted me, again.

"Camilo, did you make out with anyone this morning?" She randomly whispered.

I nearly choked on my food.

"What?!" Oops, I accidentally shouted that out. Everyone's eyes were on me.

"Sorry" I chuckled nervously as everyone went back to eating.

" I'm so sorry I yelled like that Dolores but, what kind of question was that?" I whisper-yelled back.

"The (L/N's) are saying you did, with... (Y/N)?" She squeaked again, much quieter this time.

" Wait never mind, apparently it was false news and all you did was talk to her. That makes more sense now." Before she said that, I wasn't sure of who she was talking about, but I'm pretty sure she's talking about the person I scared not so long ago. But who would assume something like, that?

I wish I could've just ate in peace again. But Antonio who sat beside Dolores, spoke up.

"Dol, what does make out mean?"

He could've asked any other question than that. Great going Tonio, now the whole family's looking at the three of us in shock.

" Well.. You'll learn about that when you a bit older hermano."