Chapter 79 - Damn shame

"Louise, lets talk about this" Rick begged, jogging after the angry female. She stormed towards the gates of Alexandria, purpose in every step and a bag on guns on her arm.

"We're done talkin'" she yelled over her shoulder, stopping in her tracks as the sound of wood on metal ricocheted off the houses around her.

Negan stood behind the fence, connecting his baseball bat with the metal bars repeatedly.

"Little pig, little pig, let me in" he sang as he laughed to himself.

Spencer pulled the mesh barrier to the side but left the gate intact. Negan smirked at him and wiggled his fingers. "Who the hell are you?"

"Oh, you best be jokin'"

"Spence..." Lou warned, taking a step closer.

"Well, hello there" he said, a smirk on his face. He raised his eyebrows at the female and gestured towards the bars. "Do not make me have to ask"

"You said a week" Rick snarled, unlocking the large bolt and pushing the gate to the left. "You're early"

Negan chuckled. "I missed ya"

Growling behind him caused his body to turn and he swung Lucille in his hand before walking backwards.

"Oh, Rick, come on out there, watch this" he laughed, swinging Lucille and connecting it with the 'walker's' skull. Blood splattered across the wood and the body dropped to the ground. "Easy peasy lemon squeazy! Alright everybody, lets get started. Big day"

Louise scoffed and shook her head, her eyes locking onto a familiar, grubby figure. A breath caught in her throat. Daryl stood a few meters to her left, dressed in a cream jumper and matching trousers. The letter 'A' had been stray painted in red across the torso and smudges of blood scattered across the fabric around it.

"You see that Rick? What I just did? That is some service! We almost got turned away at the gate. 'Who is that guy anyway', did I get mad? Did I bash some gingers dome in? Nope" he laughed. "I just took care of one of these dead pricks that could'a killed ya'll...Service."

"Daryl..." Lou whispered, as he averted his gaze.

"Hold this" Negan demanded, shoving Lucille into Rick's chest. He stopped a few meters inside the gate and stared at their town. "Hot diggity dog! This place is magnificent. An embarrassment of riches, as they say. Yes, sir, I do believe you are gonna have plenty to offer up"

Rick moved towards Daryl. "Daryl, hey-"

"Nope. He's the help" Negan snapped, walking back towards Rick and standing in between the two friends. "You don't look at him, you don't talk to him and I don't make you chop anything off of him"

"You lay another finger on him and I'll kill you myself" Lou said confidently, her hand moving to her gun.

Negan chuckled and closed the small gap between them. "Well, boy have I missed you darlin'"

She ground her teeth together. "I mean it"

"So do I" he smirked, moving some hair from her face. "It's Louise right?"

Louise looked up from the floor, glared at the murderer in front of her and shoved his hand away.

"I'll tell you a secret, Lou-Lou. I haven't even begun to unleash my wrath on that tough son of a bitch. I haven't even had a turn. Dwighty-boy is havin' all the fun...I just tell him what to do" he snickered. "Tell you what, you come back with me and I'll see about goin' a little easier on the redneck? I can show you jut how much I missed you"