Chapter 54 - You gonna shoot me now?

A small bird sat on the windowsill, whistling enchantingly as the sun slowly moved through the morning sky. It's small brown form pecked at the partially open glass, tapping repeatedly as it sang. It looked to be a beautiful day in Alexandria.

Louise stirred in her sleep, turning over slightly as she slowly became conscious. A white duvet lay over her, soft cotton brushing against her naked skin and dropping loosely over the side of the mattress. She rubbed at her eyes and attempted to move the cover only to have it pinned back down by a forearm that wasn't hers.

She closed her eyes tightly, remembering the night before's antics full well. After a deep sigh, she carefully lifted his hand and moved Daryl's arm to the side before sitting up. She swung her bare legs over the side and cautiously wrapped a bra around her torso and fastened it tightly.

"Mornin'" a grumbling voice echoed from behind her. She smirked and looked over her shoulder.

"Morning...I was hoping to avoid an awkward 'morning after' scenario" she said, bending down and lifting her over-sized shirt from the floor.

"You're noisier than you think"

She struggled to hold back a laugh and shook her head as she stumbled on her words. "Listen...I...uhm...last night was great but I don't want you to think that you have too...you know...stick around or anything...I mean..."

"I don't have to do anything" He stated, briefly moving his head to the side. He raised one eyebrow and smiled sincerely.

She nodded. "Right"

Louise bit her bottom lip and lay back down on the bed, an inch away from Daryl. It had been so long since she had laid with a man; she was completely unsure of the correct protocol.

"Yer alrigh'?" Daryl asked, noticing her discomfort.

"Yeah" she replied quickly. "Yeah. You sleep okay?"

"Fine, thanks"

For a few seconds, she lay staring at the ceiling, begging herself to understand what she was feeling but before she had chance to talk herself out of it, Louise turned on her side and faced the man she had spent the night with. Daryl's eyes searched her own as he ran a hand down her arm. He had willingly instigated their actions but had unknowingly unleashed something that would be dangerous for the both of them.

She sighed deeply, moved her face towards his own and pressed her lips against his. He caressed her face, slowly stroking her cheek as he pulled her body towards him. She slid across the bed easily. Her stomach was in knots and she planted one last kiss on his lips before moving her head away from his.

Daryl shifted on the mattress. The blue of his eyes focused on her green orbs as she stared back at him; now unexpectedly and completely, comfortable in his presence.

Shouts echoed over the streets outside her bedroom window, rupturing their moment and sending a bolt of lightening through each and every one of her muscles.

"What the hell is going on?" She gasped, jumping from the bed at the same time as Daryl.

He opened the curtains and peered through the glass at his friends below, who ran across the streets with their guns aimed.

"He's got out" Daryl stated, turning away and pulling his jeans up. "That Jesus guy, he's got out"

"Oh god" Lou said, yanking a shirt over her head, pulling open the bedroom door and darting down the stairs. She lifted her jacket from the bannister, rolled her eyes at Aaron's smirk and grabbed her gun from the kitchen table.