CHAPTER 66:

WARNING: this chapter contains graphic scenes of violence. Kindly skip (but not without voting) if sensitive to such…
Lyra's POV:

I opened my eyes to find myself in the void again.

Why was I brought here?

There was an eerie feeling; it was almost ominous.

I looked around and saw two people who looked exactly like my mother but with some…modifications.

The one to my right had a silver ring floating above her head with white wings like that of a dove and her eyes were white and glowing.

She had a totally different aura from her twin that was by my left.

That one had dark wings and it was like that of a bat and her eyes were pitch black.

"w-who are you?" I asked, nervously approaching them.

"we…are your sixth senses. We take control in times of emergency" they said in unison.

"but why am I here? Why can I see you? What do you want?"

"you have to let me take over! Let me give that witch a taste of her own medicine. She'll pay for all she has done" the demonic version of my mother growled.

"don't listen to her Lyra. I'm sure there has to be a smarter and better way to resolve this"

"by letting her kill you? Do you really want to wait for death?" the demon asked.

I was about to answer when I snap pulled me out of my daze; making me scream so hard.

"glad to see you up…shall we continue?" the witch smiled at me.

This has been my life for the past week…nonstop torture.

Hellen and the witch keep coming up with new ways to make me scream and cry.

No matter how much I beg them, they always cheer and laugh when I'm in so much pain.

The snap I heard came from my arm.

She had bent it in an odd angle and it popped.

"oh don't be a baby; I'll put it right back" she twisted it so it sat right this time.

"I wonder which part of you I should break first; your mind or your body. You know this would have ended sooner" Hellen moved closer to me, her shoes clicking against the floor.

"I-I can't go into the sixth sense even if I wanted to!" I tried to be as audible as possible.

My throat was sore from all the screaming I've been doing.

"then we have no choice but to continue" there was a wicked smile on her face.

I felt something sharp come in contact with my thigh.

One of the guards had pushed a spear through it.

The pain was nerve wrecking.

My body began moving on its own; thrashing about trying to make it go away but it didn't work.