CHAPTER 18:

"have you no idea on how to serve someone? You're making a mess out of everything! Stupid slave"

Xander was throwing a Tantrum but that didn't disrupt everyone's dinner; everyone except Lyra.

Her heartrate increased ever so slightly and I could tell she cares for this human in one way or another.

The impact of the hard slap sent her to her knees.

Lyra looked so upset by the whole display and I could tell she was holding back her tears.

She's so damn emotional.

"serves her right. Slaves shouldn't be given too much privilege" Hellen said beside me but I was too busy focusing on Lyra.

The way she cared for this other human girl like they were sisters and I know they're not related at all.

In all my years, I've never been able to share such bond with people who weren't directly related to me.

"Cyrus honey?"

She was seriously trembling with fear but why?

"Cyrus?"

How she showed concern for those who aren't related to her remotely fascinated me beyond reason.

"honestly you've been useless since the first day you were sent to me!" Xander boomed terrifying her even more.

She looks more scared of what he'll do to her than when I'm about to drink her blood.

"Cyrus? Did you hear me?"

"Xander...that's enough!" Alex said calmly as he cut his meat.

Her heartbeat calmed a bit; I guess she was looking for someone to intervene since there was nothing for her to do.

"to hell with you" Xander hissed.

If not for the lack of whips present, he would have beaten her like there's no one here.

"are you paying attention at all?"

This pointless drama is enough besides it has to stop before Lyra's heartbeat damages my ear drums.

"Xander!" I growled and everyone froze in their spots.

"that's enough! Sit down" what he was doing was really getting to me; and I noticed her heartbeat calm down a bit.

But yet again, she IS his slave and he could do whatever he wishes...but not here at least.

"you may discipline your slave in your private chambers and not here" I lowered my voice to sound less animalistic.

"but-"

"don't make me get up" I cocked a brow.

If we were to fight, it would be less of a fight because of the beating I'm going to give him.

And he's smart enough to avoid such humiliation.

Xander grumble before folding his arms.

"get her out of my sight" he ordered and another slave girl quickly rushed her out of the dining.

"Cyrus? Are you ok?" Hellen's annoying voice managed to force its way into my ear drums.

"yeah...I'm fine" I casually kept on eating like nothing had happened.

"I was speaking but you didn't respond"

"lost in thought" my tone of voice indicated I didn't want to go further with this conversation.

"I believe your brother should have disciplined her properly. Why did you stop him from doing so?"

"he could do whatever he wants in his chambers but he can't overdo it in public"

"that goes to show how different we are. No matter where I am, if my slaves act out of line, I make sure I find a whip"

"yes we really are different"

"I'm so glad we'll be spending our night together" she tried to rub my thighs seductively but it wasn't doing her any good.

"I've made arrangements for you to have your own room; I remember you saying you like your privacy"

"I meant when I'm with you" she smiled thinking I would change my mind.

"well you should have said that earlier" I didn't want push on with this subject.

Even if she said she was going to stay with me, I would make sure she wouldn't; she was already in my castle and that was good enough for me.

And besides I couldn't let myself get distracted by anything that includes Hellen and Lyra.

Plus, there's going to be a meeting soon between the three dark kingdoms which I had to prepare for.

It sucks to be the king sometimes.

I barely het time for myself and bond with my younger brothers; now it's like everyone's in their own world.

.........................

Lyra's POV:

The next morning during breakfast everyone was there.

Well except Eri.

What the prince did to her yesterday really took a toll on her body so Ms. Melody told her not to attend to the prince today.

Me, Sam and Nadia sat quietly on our table.

"so what was it you wanted to talk about?"

Right; I had to tell them about the plan.

"promise you won't tell a soul" I lowered my voice and leaned in.

Most of the guards weren't at ear's shot even with their hearing so this might be my only chance.

The nodded and came closer.

"I have a plan for us to escape"

Nadia and Sam looked like they had seen a ghost.

"w-what?"

"it's going to take four of us to complete it. I can't do it alone"

"but Lyra, the risk"

"what choice do I have? If we don't do something soon we might lose Eri! Is that what you want?"

"I don't think I can participate in this" Sam backed away.

"you would rather stay here?"

"it's better than taking a 10% chance of escaping and spending a month in the dungeons!" he whispers yelled.

"Sam" Nadia tried to calm him down a bit.

"ok even if we do escape we'll be on our own and I don't think any of us can survive in the forest"

"I don't want to stay here and lose someone I love but that doesn't mean I won't consider everyone's opinion" I sighed and began to reason.

"five days. If you change your mind about it, come talk to me so we can make arrangements. If you're still sure about staying her and we actually escape, you'll have yourself to blame"

"ALRIGHT! EVERYONE BACK TO WORK" the guard yelled and personal slaves headed for the kitchen.

"think about it" I smiled before caring my tray to the king's room.

COMMENT, FOLLOW AND VOTE
XOXO...