CHAPTER 25:

Lyra's POV:

It was finally dark.

The girls and I didn't get so much as a wink of sleep.

My heart has been pounding since the king had dismissed me earlier today.

"I'm so nervous" Eri's voice was so small that I barely heard her.

"I know but it's for the best. If we stay here longer something bad might happen...it's our only hope"

I gently squeezed her hand and poked my head out the door.

It was totally dark everywhere.

Nadia lit a candle and lead the way to the kitchen where our sacks of food was hidden.

We stuffed as much as we could and carried as much water as possible before heading to the stable.

"took you guys long enough...are we ready?"

"yeah...where's your plus one?" I asked when I noticed he was all alone and tending to the horses.

"well...she changed her mind and chickened out at the last minute" he looked away uncomfortably.

I had no objection towards what he said...it might make it easier for us.

"did you take care of the guards?" he asked in return.

"of course I have" I lied.

"well there's no time to waste...everyone saddle up"

Sam helped us all on our horses.

Nadia and Eri were riding together since Eri wasn't strong to ride alone and we don't know how long the journey would last.

Speaking of Nadia, she's been looking distant almost like she didn't want to come with us.

"Nadia? Are you ok?" I asked.

"it's nothing, he sooner we get out of here the better" she slowly tore her eyes away from the castle like she was looking at someone.

Since there weren't any objections, we slowly began to move towards the gates and to my greatest surprise, they weren't locked.

Seems like the guards had 'accidentally' left them open to do something I'd rather not know about.

"you'd better hurry...they'll notice you" the voice of the hooded lady said within my head and I led the way.

We weren't going too fast at first but we eventually picked up our speed when were away from the castle.

Finally, freedom...

Something I never thought would be possible.

Now all we had to do was hope that we wouldn't run into any situation.

Next up...The Lost City of Noie.

............................

King Cyrus' POV:

I woke up this morning with a frown on my face.

The sudden feeling of my days being numbered washed over me.

My marriage would happen soon and I would lose my freedom.

Anyone who heard me would think I'm a slave and technically, I am.

In all my life, I've never met a vampire woman that had an actual heart.

They were all in it for the money and the power.

Unfortunately for the council, I was going to marry for love and if I don't find it then so be it.

After all that's the reason why my father didn't live a full life...because of the monster I call a mother.

She was destroying the whole kingdom and if not that she had to be stopped, humans on this side would have been wiped out.

To keep the peace, a law was made that every kingdom would have humans to serve and if they all die, it's their problem.

'Borrowing' wasn't allowed under any circumstance.

My father knew that and to save his species and his people, he had to do the one thing he could...KILL my mother.

I was only a teenager.

The princes were young boys who grew up without a mother.

Our family was ripped ever since.

My father began teaching me everything I needed to know to become the king but I could see that he wasn't happy after her death.

They might not have loved each other but they were friends at least.

Shortly after my coronation, he was found dead.

Ms. Melody began taking care of me like I was her own.

She respects me and treats me like I'm her actual son.

Though she knows not to cross her limits, she's still the closest outsider I'll ever consider as family.

I rarely speak to my brothers.

Everything is just so...different.

And that's a fate I want to avoid.

I ask myself sometimes if my father ever really DID love my mother or any of us but I can't dwell on the past forever.

Even if I DO get married, I'll still have the blood of the little one to cheer me up...speaking of which, she hasn't brought breakfast yet.

Remembering how tired she was, I decided to give it some time.

She might just walk in late.

Twenty minutes passed and she was nowhere to be seen.

What was going on?

I opened the door only for Ms. Melody to bump into me.

"what's happening? Where is my breakfast and my slave?" I bellowed and the princes came out of their rooms.

"y-y-your ma-majesty, t-t-they-"

"SPIT IT OUT!" I growled.

"escaped" she whispered fearfully.

An animalistic roar vibrated through the walls of the castle.

ESCAPE?

HOW?

There has never been an incident of any of my slaves that ever managed to escape.

Why her of them all?

"how many of them?" I could feel veins popping out of my head.

"f-four sire. One for each royal family member and that of the lady as well"

Alex didn't say anything while Xander looked uninterested.

"well she was useless anyway. Get me another personal slave immediately" he ordered before walking into his room.

Alex and I were still standing in the hallway.

"search the entire castle! Leave no stone unturned! We must find them" something in me didn't actually believe they had escaped.

It wasn't possible at all.

They could be just hiding from their duties and if they are, they're going to face me.

What a way to start the day!

Though some things aren't historically accurate, need I remind you that this is my fictional world so try not to over think it just like I did.
Finally the king's back story kinda sad isn't it?
COMMENT, FOLLOW AND VOTE
XOXO...