CHAPTER 17:

Lady Hellen in the media:

As I kept on going through my thoughts, the huge double doors swung open and everyone began rushing to do one thing or another.

And there she was.

Lady Hellen was really beautiful; clear skin, beautiful eyes and hair like fire.

She was the main standard of beauty everywhere.

But her beauty didn't mean she was nice at all besides, that was the least of my problems.

I quickly rushed over to the King's chair and pulled it out for him.

The dining table was incredibly long and the king sat right in the middle of it.

By his left, was Lady Hellen.

After his seat was pulled out, I quickly made it my point of duty to arrange his food and serve him, pour out a class of water and blood.

Whichever he prefers.

I couldn't help but get I scared, my hands were even shaking but I had to pull through so I wouldn't slip up.

And then it happened.

"have you no idea on how to serve someone? You're making a mess out of everything! Stupid slave"

Prince Xander was having a fit and gave Eri a harsh slap that sent her on her knees.

I felt so sorry, sad and angry.

How could he do this to her?

It's not like she did anything wrong!

And besides she's too weak from how he's been treating her.

My heart literally began to ache.

Nadia didn't look too good either.

And what hurt the most was that everyone was acting like he didn't just hit her publicly.

Why didn't anyone do anything?

"honestly you've been useless since the first day you were sent to me!" he boomed.

"Xander...that's enough!" Prince Alex said calmly as he cut his meat.

"to hell with you" he hissed.

He seemed on the verge of hitting her with a whip if one was nearby.

"Xander!" the King growled and all form of movement stopped.

"that's enough! Sit down" he seemed really pissed with him but I thank him for speaking out.

"you may discipline your slave in your private chambers and not here" he lowered his voice.

"but-"

"don't make me get up" the King cocked a brow and I heard Xander grumble before folding his arms.

"get her out of my sight" he ordered and Nadia immediately assisted her out of the dining.

I calmed down a bit.

I didn't want anyone to notice I was hurt or it would be more trouble for me.

I stood behind the king while he ate and would glance at Sam from time to time.

He was more nervous than I was but this is his first time serving a vampire before so I can't really blame him.

After seeing what prince Xander just did to Eri, anyone would get scared automatically.

I slightly tapped him and smiled though it was a weak one because I wasn't so happy at all.

If he wasn't stopped by the king, I wonder what he would've done.

And is Eri totally safe?

I mean she's still going to face him at one point or another and I don't think the king will be there to save her.

The horrors she goes through every day is really frightening.

I can only wish that she doesn't die before we escape; that's IF we have a chance to do such...

King Cyrus' POV:

I had to wait for Hellen outside.

She loved making a show whenever she came over but my problem was why was she coming over.

We're only doing this because the council is getting restless about me getting a wife.

I've never felt anything for any woman before at least no one except my mother but even that wasn't strong and I don't think I ever will.

She's honestly the one forcing herself on me since she heard I was 'looking for a wife'.

She was the most dedicated or should I say clingy and the council thought it would be best if I marry her.

But I know deep down she doesn't love me either.

She's in it for the money.

Always has, always will be.

Her carriage had arrived and I have to start counting down the moments till she leaves.

This is going to be a long night.

"oh Cyrus it's so good to see you" she smiled wildly as she walked towards me with arms spread out wide.

"hello Hellen" I managed to smile slightly.

"it's been a while since I saw you. And honestly I've missed you" she suddenly came over and kissed my cheek.

Great now I'll have to find some kind of potion to burn that off(!)

"yes it has been a while" I cleaned my cheek not caring if the servants saw me or not.

"anyway let's go inside, I'm starving" she walked in before me and a sigh passed my lips.

"it's good to see you Milady" Melody addressed her with a small bow.

"yes it's good to be back" she patted Melody's head like she was a child though I wasn't surprised.

We weren't even married and yet she's acting like she owns the place.

"hope everything was arranged upon my arrival?" she walked with a few servants tailing us.

"yes" I forced a reply.

"even the personal servant?" why is she acting like I didn't prepare any of this already.

Melody sensed my temper rising so she answered.

"yes Milady, we got a boy for you-"

"I'm wasn't talking to you I was talking to the king; don't forget your place-"

"she answered the question you asked so where's the problem?" I cut her off.

Married or not she couldn't talk to my servants how she pleased.

Hellen didn't say another word until the servants opened the double doors for us and the place immediately became busy.

I took my seat unenthusiastically.

"I can't believe all of you came to welcome me; that's so sweet" she cooed.

We only did this because if we didn't, she would throw a fit like a child and I didn't want her pointless drama.

I began observing Lyra.

She was so gentle and calm while serving me food but deep down she was scared.

For what reason?

I don't know but I could tell by her heart beat.

All I wanted was to have a peaceful dinner, scoot up to my room and sleep off.

That was when I heard a harsh slap.

I guess I spoke too soon.....

COMMENT, FOLLOW AND VOTE
XOXO...