CHAPTER 20:

Lyra's POV:

I watched as the king drank the entire pitcher of blood.

For some reason, he's been really grumpy; I couldn't tell if it was me or because of what happened yesterday.

No matter what it was, I didn't want to end up on his bad side.

So I was working double my actual pace.

Though I've been really restless about our escape plan.

I mean how am I going to get us out of here?

The hooded lady said we needed horses if we want to make it out alive.

But I'm not sure if it's possible to steal from the royal stables.

This is so frustrating.

The sound of metal hitting the floor brought me back to reality.

King Cyrus had finished his entire pitcher of blood and I hoped that was enough for him.

"Lyra get over here now!" his voice was harsh and it made me shake in my shoes.

I walked to him as he sat on the dining with his fist clenched.

Even while seated, he was slightly taller than me.

Immediately I was in arms-length, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer with such force it scared me.

He didn't waste time pushing my hair over to one side and draping the shoulder of my dress.

His grip was strong and tight like I would vanish if he loosened up even slightly and it was beginning to sting.

Without warning, he bit into me.

This was like the night that his fangs ripped my skin.

Since he was so angry I tried not to do anything that would irritate him.

But I could only keep it up for so long.

The logical side of me began to take over and tried moving away as it was becoming too much.

"COULD YOU STOP MOVING!" he growled and stood up and as usual, he towered over me.

I didn't know if I should beg or apologize or fight or try to run; every option seemed really wrong.

I was still calculating when I felt shooting pain in my back.

The king had slammed me to the wall and he had both hands on either side of me.

"this should stop you from moving" he grinned wickedly before resuming his feast.

He was sober and I didn't know why but even if I did, it's not like I could help rather or not he lets me.

But he's inflicting his pain on me and it's becoming something else.

"p-please sir I-"

"this elixir will never be enough" the king's voice was raspy and he pushed his hard body closer to mine.

If I made the slightest wiggle, he would tighten his grip, restricting me even more.

It was almost suffocating.

What really put me on edge was when his hands were on my waist and holding it tightly.

"your blood is making me want you more than I should. It's doing things to me that I can't handle"

I felt something aggressive poking me through his pants and it was bringing me close to tears.

The only saving grace for me was if the king maintained his self-control or if someone interrupted.

Anyone was good for me, as long as it could stop his nightmare. 

"are you willing to give me your all? Because I'm ready to take it. WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION"

He pushed himself closer than I thought was possible.

I could barely move a muscle.

"your majesty please!" I squeaked out as he kept on drinking.

The fact that I was crying and him drinking my blood drained my energy even faster.

I felt like I was going to die for good this time.

His hands began traveling upwards to my back like he wanted to rip off my dress from the top, down to the bottom.

And I didn't have enough strength to fight him.

Suddenly there was a knock and I exhaled a silent sigh of relief.

I wanted to thank whoever it was.

"GO AWAY!" he yelled.

"but I have a present for you" it was Lady Hellen.

At this moment, she was my savior.

"sh*t" he cursed.

I guess he didn't want to see her but he didn't have much choice.

Finally, he released me and I began to take in deep breaths.

It felt like all air vanished for a while.

"get the door and cleanup the table" he instructed before entering the bathroom.

I first opened the door for the lady and told her good morning as gracefully as I could.

"where is he?" she ignored me but it wasn't something I wasn't accustomed to by now; they're basically all the same.

"he's in the bathroom mistress" I quietly turned around and began working on the dishes.

I could feel her glaring daggers at me but did nothing none the less; after all, there wasn't much I could do.

"what do you want-" his speech was suddenly muffled so I'm guessing she gave him a kiss.

"since it's been so long since I saw you and I didn't spend the night here, your gift was delayed slightly"

"do we have to do this now?" he tried to argue.

I quickened my pace trying to get out of there as soon as possible, maybe like this I wouldn't be needed for a while.

"I'm not particularly in a good mood at the moment"

"I don't think I can wait any longer and neither can you I can see it even without supernatural sight" I guessed she was referring to the pokey thing.

If I weren't so scared and shaken up, I would have gone quite a while ago.

My ears picked up the light sound of fabric hitting the floor.

Lady Hellen had taken off her clothes in one go.

"let me please you and give you what you need" it was becoming difficult to focus on the task at hand with their conversation.

"although your servant is still here" I could feel both their gazes on me and that was my cue.

With shaky hands I picked the tray and walked out before the king would throw me out.

I heard the doors lock behind me once I was in the hall way.

At least one nightmare was avoided, I don't know how long but now I have a bit of free time and if I'm guessing right, so does Sam.

With that in mind, I dropped off the tray in the kitchen and went off to find Sam.

Yeah, Lady Hellen is really shady😏.
COMMENT, FOLLOW AND VOTE
XOXO...