CHAPTER 56:

"what's the matter?"

"I think we need to talk about King Cyrus" she was dead serious.

"I know right? He's only here to drag me back to that hell hole of a castle and make me suffer forever"

"that wasn't what I was going to say; I think you should give him a chance"

I stared at her dumbfounded.

Maybe I had cobwebs in my ear or something.

"nice joke" I laughed hysterically but she didn't look amused even in the slightest.

"you can't be serious Eri. What if I asked you to forgive Xander would you?"

"not immediately but if he showed me reasons why I should then I would"

"what reason has Cyrus shown me?" I snapped, my blood boiling.

"he hasn't shown you any because you keep pushing him away! He left his kingdom and came all this way just to ask for your forgiveness and a new start but you won't even let him say two words to you without looking away or insulting him"

I just stared at her not knowing what to say.

"yes he treated you badly and you have every right to hate him but he's making an effort! I don't think most or ANY vampire can do what he's doing. How long are you going to hate him?"

Eri doesn't know what I went through in the hands of that devil!

I wish he never existed in the first place.

"I have to go; clear out my thoughts" I opened a gate to mothers' garden just in time to see Cyrus trying to approach me.

I walked through the gate before he could say anything and closed.

The magnificent world and the tree came into view as well as her corps and I found myself taking slow steps towards it.

I need to talk to her personally.

"hi mom" I sat at the foot of the tree and rested my back against the hard wood.

"Lyra, my love tell me why you're so bothered about this" she asked.

"I don't know what I should do; Cyrus has been cruel to me since the day we first met and now he expects me to forgive him like nothing ever happened! Plus, the fact that Eri is on his side isn't helping when she knows how much I went through"

"last I checked, Eri went through more than you ever could and yet she's willing to forgive Xander if he did what Cyrus is currently doing. Lyra I think you're being selfish"

Hearing my own mother say such stung and I felt betrayed but I didn't say anything while she continued.

"if he really wanted to harm you, he would have captured you when he saw you in the arena and dragged you back to Redlake but he didn't. He pleaded but you turned him down and walked away and that's what you've been doing to him since. I know what's in his heart and his true intentions and he doesn't want to harm you; at least not anymore. Eri is right; you have to give him a chance"

I let out a sigh.

Maybe I should do as everyone wants though it's not going to be easy on both of us.

Especially me.

"alright mum; I'll try to do this for you"

"that's my girl; thank you"

……………………………………………...

I spent most of the day in the garden, enjoying the atmosphere.

There was always a feeling of peace whenever I visited there.

And it had so many beautiful plants and the fact that beautiful butterflies were surrounding mother.

I enjoyed my time before eventually leaving unwillingly when it was time for dinner.

I wasn't exactly in a chatty mood at first but the table was so lively, I couldn't help but laugh.

"hey; I'm sorry for storming off earlier" I got Eri's attention and she just smiled.

"there's no problem. You have every right to be angry but that doesn't mean you should have a heart made out of stone" she giggled.

After dinner I was on my way to my room when I noticed someone following me.

It was Cyrus; who else?

I had to hold down my frustration and back pain to listen to what he has to say.

"Listen, Lyra…I don't know how to say this but, please don't drive me away. I truly am sorry and regret everything that I did in the past but that's why I had to track you down and try to gain your forgiveness; please give me a chance"

Desperation was laced in his voice and he truly looked upset and I almost felt sorry for him.

ALMOST.

It was time to listen to Eri and my mom and if I'm being honest, the little nagging voice at the back of my head.

I let out a sigh before speaking.

"I don't think I can easily forgive you even if I was compelled to do so"…

His head dropped in hopelessness.

"but Eri and my mother have convinced me to give you a chance" I spoke with no emotion in my voice or expression on my face.

"thank you Lyra; I promise I won't let you down" he smiled and wanted to move to give me a hug.

The shooting pain in my back increased and I moved away.

"however; this doesn't make us friends" I glared before walking away and leaving him alone in the hallway.

That must have been the most awkward conversation of my life but I'm doing this not to have a 'stone heart'.

According to Eri

I just hope I'm not making a mistake and that I won't regret this decision.

……………………………………...

The past few days have gone without any problem.

Though whenever I see Cyrus, I feel serious pain in my back but now it's slowly reducing.

He occasionally asks me how I'm doing and about my health and I forcefully answer and try to sound like I actually want to talk to him.

Sam is still finds it hard to talk to the king not matter now nicely Cyrus speaks and is always looking guilty about something.

We were all in the arena as usual when Tamar started;

"c'mon, must we spend every day in this arena training? Can't we have a little fun?"

"he's right; maybe we should go out for something else that doesn't involve swords and arrows" Rayhan tied his hair in a bun.

"but where DO we go?" Jackie asked while sharpening her axe, sounding uninterested in the whole conversation.

"why don't we go to Dark Skies Beach?" Imogen's eyes suddenly lit up.

"what's that?" Cyrus asked and I had to hide the look of irritation that attempted to grow on my face.

"well it's a very magical beach here at Noie, though it's a bit far; normally the skies become…dark after the sun sets but there, you can start seeing the stars as the sun goes down and it's really beautiful to watch" her eyes shun as she spoke.

"It sounds interesting…I'm in" Eri declared and the rest of us agreed.

Imogen made arrangements for us to leave as soon as possible.

A little sight-seeing won't be so bad

Dark Skies Beach.…here we come.

COMMENT, FOLLOW AND VOTE
XOXO…