CHAPTER 27:

King Cyrus' POV:

The castle has become more and more quiet and I've become more and more distracted.

My subjects haven't noticed it yet but they will in a matter of time.

Now I rarely leave my room and I'm always staring out through the window; totally alone with my thoughts.

"sir I brought your food for you-"

"not hungry" I turned down Ms. Melody before she could finish her statement.

"you haven't been eating properly sire, I worry for you" she placed the food on the table and walked towards me.

"I've lost appetite" I grumbled.

The closer the so-called wedding gets, the further I pushed it.

Even the council knows not to vex me when I'm in a foul mood.

"I know how you feel about her" she said all of a sudden.

I couldn't believe she had said that.

"what do you mean? I could never have feelings for a slave" I didn't spare her a glance.

"at least eat something for her. Do you think she would want you to starve? For her sake?"

She wasn't dropping this matter easily and I knew it was a matter of time before someone found out.

"no one is going to know about this" I growled before sitting at the table and eating as much as I could.

Deep down I was glad that she was the only person that knows or should I say picked up the feelings I have.

It's more than enough proof that she cares about me and my wellbeing and not only that of the kingdom.

But if I'm not happy the whole kingdom won't be at all.

Even my own uncle does whatever the council says; it's almost like he doesn't remember I'm his blood.

Well that's to be expected, he's just like his damn sister.

Guess nothing really mattered to them.

There was a small knock on the door.

"what is it?" I glared at the skinny boy who I'm assuming is new.

"p-pardon me sire but your soldiers said they found something that would interest you" he shook.

"let him come in and be snappy about it"

Few minutes a solider came in.

He didn't exactly look old per say but he wasn't young either.

"what do you want?"

"our scouts noticed some odd movement at the west. Four riders, three horses, three girls and a boy and one of them looked sick"

That was Lyra and her crew.

"FIND THEM; TRACK THEM DOWN! MAKE SURE THEY DON'T ESCAPE AND BRING THEM TO ME...ALIVE" I roared, shaking the whole palace and he left as quickly as he came.

Looks like games are over...little one...

Lyra's POV:

We've been on this journey for almost three weeks.

We're pretty close to the end of Redlake and approaching what I've come to understand as the wilderness.

I slightly began to doubt the journey and wonder how long it would last.

We needed a permanent place to stay.

Eri is getting better now, at least half of her scars are closed and are healing.

It was Sam's idea for us to take a break, riding on horseback was making him feel dizzy.

We were at a clearing; with a few trees here and there.

Thick trees covered a certain part of it and the forest probably continued from there.

I enjoyed the view before me.

Everything was so quiet and peaceful I almost never felt like leaving.

"this place is really beautiful" Eri smiled after drinking some water.

"you see, I always pick the best place to stay and rest" he praised himself and I couldn't help but role my eyes.

I noticed Nadia out of the corner of my eye.

She's been looking down and upset lately.

"Nadia are you ok?" I walked to her and placed my hand on her shoulder.

"y-yeah I'm fine" she gave a smile that was too weak to be convincing.

I don't know what's gotten into her; she's meant to be happy.

"are you sure? If you need to talk to someone, remember we're all here for you" I walked away giving her space.

Nadia's POV:

I thought I would be happy about my decision.

I thought I would be happy when I left Alex but no.

This is the worst pain of all.

It feels so wrong and I can't even summon the courage to fell my family about how I feel and what's going on between me and the prince.

A part of me feels I'll be rejected and looked upon like a weirdo while the other part feels they won't be bothered about it.

My mind would travel back to him every now and then and I would feel like crying.

Everything about him was admirable; from how he carried himself to how he was such a humble and kind prince.

Alex was nothing like his brother and he wasn't like most vampires I've seen.

Call me a coward but I had to find a way to go back.

My brain was with my friends but my heart was with Alex.

I should have never gone through this escape plan but I couldn't leave my family; people I grew up with except Sam.

I'm not sure they would understand but I was overwhelmed with this sudden urge to tell them and ask for forgiveness and advice on what I should do.

"hey Lyra, Sam, Eri? C-could I talk to you guys about something?" my voice was small but they heard me.

"yeah what's up?" they all stopped everything they were doing and looked at me expectantly.

I was the oldest amongst them and yet I felt like a child all of a sudden.

"I've been wanting to tell you this for a while now but I don't know how to put it" I nervously fumbled with my own fingers.

"I-I-I-" my mouth slammed shut immediately when I felt rumbling.

"was I the only one that felt that?" Sam said all of a sudden.

We all looked towards the direction of the sound and was mortified by what we had seen.

Vampire soldiers were coming our way and fast.

This chapter is slightly shorter than most.
Three POV's in one chapter...I'm quite impressed with myself.
COMMENT, FOLLOW AND VOTE
XOXO...