CHAPTER 8:

Sam in the media:

Another incredibly annoying day in the land of the living.

Nadia and I had a surprisingly calm breakfast.

She also introduced me her friend who works in the garden.

"hey I'm Sam" he extended his hand to shake mine.

He had red hair and a bit of freckles on his face.

He looks so shy and innocent.

He was tall and on the thin side but wasn't skinny.

"Lyra" I shook his hand shyly.

"she's new, isn't she?" he turned away and faced his food.

Nadia and Sam kept on discussing but my mind drifted to what happened yesterday.

That gush of wind couldn't happen just like that.

I made sure the windows were closed.

Or I'm just being paranoid and imagining things.

"Lyra c'mon breakfast is over" Nadia was getting up and I followed her.

We maneuvered our way through the busy kitchen and grabbed breakfast for our masters and went our separate ways.

When I opened the kings room, the windows were down but they were open throughout yesterday and he wasn't home yet.

I think.

I went straight to the windows and let the warm light penetrate the dark and cold room and began working.

I had to clean his massive room again, take like four trips to the laundry chamber and back because of the millions of clothes he had.

While working, I decided to do a little dance to entertain myself.

This was the only way I could have fun while working so I began doing my silly movements and wiggling my butt.

There was a knock on the door that made me freeze.

Since he isn't back, I should open it.

Maybe it's an emergency.

I dusted my skirt and shyly opened the door.

To my surprise, it was just Ms. Melody.

"Lyra? How're you holding up these few days?" she sounded do warm and caring.

Like she had never given a death speech before.

"well it's easy especially now that he's not at home. If he was, I would be too scared to move" I laughed slightly.

"so, what're you doing?" she poked her head through the door.

I honestly thought she was going to come in.

"just cleaning and waiting for his majesty to show up" Ms. Melody didn't say anything.

She only stared at me.

"just get the plates and let's go. There's no need to wait" I wasn't done with my chores but I had to leave.

Quicker than I imagined, I'd gotten the trays of food and left behind Ms. Melody.

She was walking faster than usual.

"pardon me for asking but why did you want me to leave? I wasn't done with my chores"

She was silent for a while.

"you have the rest of the day off. Since he didn't eat, you can have it" that's odd.

It's not slave-like to eat the master's food.

"and I hope you didn't do anything stupid. for your own good" her voice was deadpan.

All I did was dance around and clean.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

����..

The entire day went by like a blur.

Since Ms. Melody let me off for the whole day which was unusual, I decided to do a little exploring.

As I moved by, some slaves and servants murmured like I was fascinating or out of the ordinary to them.

I didn't let any of that bother me.

At least I had an entire day to spend how I pleased and they were working their butts off.

I wanted to spend the rest of my time with Nadia but I remembered not all personal slaves get the day off every day.

When I'd gotten bored, I went back to the servant quarters and tried to relax for as long as I possibly could.

My mind drifted to Eri and Me-maw and the village.

Even if I didn't have the best life, I still missed my freedom.

I wonder how Eri's doing without me.

I silently prayed for her safety and well-being though we might never see each other again.

She will forever be in my heart.

Same with me-maw.

I went to my closet and took out the necklace and stared at it mysteriously, still trying to piece out how it got here.

����

For some odd reason, Ms. Melody told me to serve dinner in the king's room.

Not like he was around to eat it.

Maybe he would come back today.

So, I marched into the kitchen, grabbed his tray of food and made my way back to the creepy room.

This time, the windows were up and the candles were lit but not everywhere.

Just a few places so you could see where you were going.

I dropped the tray and stood there waiting for something to happen.

Even if it was that annoying gush of wind from yesterday.

So far, the place was still and uneventful.

Something in me wanted to leave but I didn't want to leave his dishes unattended.

I could always leave and come back like an hour later.

It won't even be 10 by then.

A gentle sigh escaped me as I made my way to the door but I was suddenly stopped by the sound of a sinister chuckle...

Finally, we are going to meet the great vampire king.
What do you guys think?
COMMENT, FOLLOW AND VOTE
XOXO...