chapter 5

Y/n POV

'A quirk assessment test?'

"What about the entrance ceremony? And orientation?" Yachi asks.

"If you're going to become a hero, you don't have time for such leisurely events. Wear your PE uniforms and meet me on the ground in 5 minutes." Aizawa says and leaves.

As soon as everyone is done changing we arrive on the ground, with Aizawa waiting in front of us.

"You kids have been doing this since junior high, physical fitness tests where you weren't allowed to use your Quirks. The country still uses averages taken from results from students not using their Quirks. It's not rational." After a pause, he continues,

"Kageyama, you finished at the top of the practical exam. In junior high, what was your best result for the softball throw?"

"62 Meters," Tobio replies. Oikawa visibly tch'ed.

"Then, try doing it with your Quirk." Aizawa hands Tobio a ball. "You can do whatever you want as long as you stay in the circle. Hurry up. Give it all you've got."

Tobio thinks about it for a second before putting the ball in his right hand and zapping it with his blue lightning before throwing it. The ball travels at immense speed, not even taking seconds before it lands.

Aizawa shows the distance from his phone to us, it being,

"802 Meters?"

"Cool!"
"We can use our quirks however we want!"
"The U.A. hero course is the best!"
"This is going to be fun!"

"Fun, huh? I forgot one thing. Whoever comes in last place in all eight tests will be judged to have no potential and will be punished with expulsion." What?

"We are free to do what we want about the circumstances of our students. Welcome to the U.A. hero course!"

- - -

Test 1: 50 Meter Dash

"Four people will take part at once. You are free to mess with the other three you are with to make sure you come first. The first four are Kita Shinsuke, Aran Ojiro, Osamu Miya, and Hana Taro."

"Don't lose Samu!" "Shut up, Tsumu."

The four got ready, Hana went on all fours, the pose of a cat, Aran's whole body got bigger, and Osamu's legs materialized into wheels. Kita didn't do anything to prepare.

"Start," Aizawa says as all of them speed ahead, well all except Kita. He stood still with closed eyes for two seconds as everyone wondered what he was up to. The questions soon vanish as a gust of wind centers towards Kita and start stirring as he is carried by it and in only a few seconds he reaches the end. Only to add to it, he blew away his other opponents, making him finish first.

"Shinsuke Kita, 4.02 Seconds." "Woah," I mumble in amazement.

The next four are Rumiko Ozuru, Keiji Akaashi, Kotaro Bokuto, and Koushi Sugawara.

They all take their positions and as soon as Aizawa says 'start' they start running. However this time, Bokuto didn't run. Is he going to pull up another Kita?

Bokuto takes a deep breath. "Hey, hey, HEY!" The sound wave of his voice moves across the path as it hits the other contenders making them stumble and fall. Bokuto starts running and waving to everyone like he's the main character, heck maybe he is. Just then, the sensei says the most unexpected thing,

"The winner is Keiji Akaashi, 7.01 seconds."

"..."

"HUH?!" Bokuto yells before noticing Akaashi standing at the finish line. "HOW?"