chapter 38

Y/n

I thought after getting out of this mess, Ren won't be a bother to me anymore. I stand corrected, having spent days tracking the guy down. I have a big bag filled with 2 million yen, and I don't know why he hasn't come to receive it yet. I mean yes he wasn't going to get it from me, for all he knows I died that day in the Prison Centre itself but that shouldn't have stopped him from getting his money from Kei. I have to get this over with because even though his threat to hurt Shoyo was a lie, I don't want to take any chances.

Kei strictly told me to stay in Musutafu and not go around Karumai as I was dead to them. It has to stay that way because if they knew I was still alive, never mind I don't even want to imagine what could happen to me.

Sorry Kei, I'll come back as soon as I give the money. I mumble to myself as I sneak outside the boundary of Musutafu and arrive in Karumai. I don't have a lot of trusted sources so I'm just hoping I got the right information. I tried contacting Ren before with Shoyo's quirk saying things like: "Hey I'm alive when do you want your money?" "Idiot, are you dead or something? You can talk." I got no response in return.

Was I worried about him? Maybe a tiny bit. He wasn't responding to me nor did he come for the money. A part of me is scared that the villains found out that he helped with the escape and did something to him. I haven't seen any other boys except Shoyo since the escape and here I am tracking down the one I despise the most. More like the one I used to despise the most. These days, I sometimes miss our little banters. Of course, I know I will regret saying this when I meet him.

I put a cloak around me and walked around as normal. Villains don't go on investigating any person walking around the street. Although, there are cameras around so I have to be careful to hide my face. Although the big bag that I'm holding looks quite suspicious I'm just hoping no cameras or people figure out I'm carrying two million on me.

I look around the normal neighborhood. There were a few villains here and there occupying the space of previous civilians. According to Suna's tracking, Ren was supposed to be somewhere around here only. I don't have any clues to finding him from here on out so I don't know what to do now. I don't know this place, and I'm pretty sure I forgot my way back as well. However, with the new network system installed in Karumai, I think I can figure my way back using maps. At least I am hoping that works.

What to do now?

"Ren... you there?" No response, as usual.

"I'm in Karumai with your money."

"..."

"Why the fuck are you here?" I heard him. He responded. Finally.

"To give you your money, you never came to take it from K- Hawks."

"I don't want it. Go back, now."

"You can't order me around like that. Fine, don't take the money I don't care but now that you have had me waste days in finding you I'm not going to leave until I see you."

"Fuck. Are you crazy? If the cameras catch you or Shigaraki or even Dabi- they think you're dead what will you do if they find out you aren't?"

"I dunno, how long do you plan on having a girl waiting on you?" I lay my sarcasm.

"...where are you?"

"Outside your house." He doesn't reply. There are seven to eight houses here. I am standing somewhere around the middle of them, I don't know which one to go to. How is he living here anyway?

A hand grabbed me all of a sudden making me claw at it. I don't use my quirk. There are villains here and I can't scream or get people's attention. The man in the hooded jacket drags me to a quiet alley.