chapter 9

A/n: In this fanfiction, Stain is not in jail. He's still actively present and working with the league.

Hawks POV

*About 3.5 hours ago*

After dropping Y/n off at Kageyama's I hurriedly flew back to the Paranormal Liberation Army building. I still hadn't revealed the fact that I was a traitor to the League, the plan was that I would enter the battlefield with them and then with the help of Endeavour and other heroes, ambush two big guns, Dabi and Twice.

The building was quite empty, the villains from the Paranormal Liberation Army had already taken part in the war. The league still hadn't revealed themselves, as per the knowledge I had.

I arrived inside the washroom of the building through one of the windows. I had told Dabi I had to piss so that he didn't think I had gone to meet Y/n. I hadn't met Y/n in the last 2 weeks, mainly because Dabi had worked with one of the leaders of the liberation army to put a tracker and camera on me. To keep them from knowing of Y/n's existence, I did not meet her till the camera was taken off.

I got out of the washroom, instantly noticing from the corner of my eye how Dabi was leaning on the wall, waiting for me right outside with a smirk on his burnt face.

"You took your time, birdbrain. Had a lot of pressure built up in your stomach?" He chuckled.

"You could say something like that," I replied. "So when are we leaving?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"Yeah about that... There has been a change of plans." He started as I narrowed my eyes at him. "I still don't trust you, nor does Shigaraki. Stain already hates you so..." In his right hand, he held up a vial of blood,

Don't tell me,

Dabi threw the vial of blood behind him with Stain instantly coming into view breaking the vial and drinking the blood. I felt my body freeze as my body paralyzed.

F*cking bastard.

"The league has already gone. We don't need any unexpected interruptions that might hurt our plan, especially not from a hero like you. The war has begun today but it won't end just yet. We'll need plenty of help from the likes of you in the future, but for now, you're staying here, whether you like it or not, we got enough blood to keep you at bay." Dabi said as he departed, as I clenched my teeth. Stain was right in front of me, although he didn't talk to me. I'm damn sure that he wanted to kill me, but even he knew that I would be needed in the future.

I can't get out of here nor move when he contains such amounts of my blood. I'm sure it was only possible because of the guy with a blood-stealing quirk. I can't go to the battlefield. The first defeat of the heroes starts now.

God f*cking damn it!

- - -

Y/n POV

*Present Time*

"You're lying."

"And why would you make such an accusation?" He asked me, his stare intense enough to make me feel like he was staring right at my soul. Although I am not planning to back down just yet.

"Tooru was there before me. He watched the battle as it went down and told me what happened. He told me you weren't there."

"So you trust your little boyfriend more than me?" Oh, he is playing one dangerous game, unfortunately for him, this time I have my cards set up perfectly, it is only a matter of time before I win this.

"Let's be real Keigo, we both know you're a professional liar. You've lied to me on multiple occasions. How about this, you tell me what you were up to and I tell you how my meeting with Shigaraki went." I internally smirk as I see him go into sheer panic, not believing what I had just said. The way he is looking at me, he is trying to find some evidence that could tell him I am lying. Although I'm sure he finds none as I am telling the truth.

"You've got to be joking, you're fucking lying aren't you?!" He yells getting up. He isn't holding back this time, this is a serious matter after all.

"No, not at all. Are you interested in knowing what happened Kei~?" "This is not a game Y/n!-

"Neither is you lying to me. Tell me what you were up to and I'll tell you what I was up to in my time in Karumai." I am dead serious. No way in hell am I backing down.

"Fucking hell," Keigo curses again. "After leaving you at Tobio's I went to one of the buildings discovered to be used by the Liberation Army. I was ambushed by Stain who was able to get my blood and had kept me trapped there for all the time the battle went on."

"This is Stain we're talking about, why didn't he just kill you?"

"Guess he deemed me as a worthy enough hero." I click my tongue.

"I can hardly ever tell when you're lying. But I suppose I'll believe you." "Good. Now tell me what exactly happened to you." I feel bad looking at how worried he is right now. I think I'm one of the only people who get to experience and well, trigger, his buried emotions.

"Jeez, chill out will ya? I'm alive and standing in front of you." I start, "You see, in reality when I reached there the fight was already over, with no one present there. However, by some luck, I found Bakugou, who was in a very bad condition. When I was helping his injuries, well, Shigaraki showed up. He didn't give much mind to me at first like he was giving me the option to flee."

"...And you didn't." Oh how well he knows me.

"Of course, I didn't, you think I would just run away and leave Bakugou there?"

"What happened next?" "Shigaraki gave Bakugou an ultimatum, he said that he could either die or work with the league. Bakugou said that he would never work with scum like him. Shigaraki was then about to kill him but I-uh..."

"You came in between?!" He asked/yelled. I nervously chuckle scratching the back of my head.

"Yeah, and he was about to kill me then. But then something weird happened." "What do you mean?"

"I...uh did something, subconsciously maybe? I don't know what happened but I know it wasn't normal. Whatever happened, my aura drastically changed, I can't explain what it was exactly but I could sense it and I think he did too. He contemplated on whether he should kill me or not but in the end he didn't and left both me and Bakugou alone."

"You emitted an unusual aura when you knew you were seconds away from being killed..." He calms down and sits on the sofa. "Usually when a person is going through such a situation their quirk enhances, based on their will to survive. But in your case," He wonders about the possibilities. Even though I don't get it, Shigaraki would not have let me live if he didn't see any benefit in it. I understand that. I'm sure that whatever it was stunned Shigaraki enough to even leave Bakugou alone.

"What may be the chances that you have a quirk hidden in you that was only able to enhance because you knew you were about to die? A quirk strong enough to startle now the strongest man there is." I flinch at the last sentence. Although I have trouble understanding his words.

"Yuki's quirk?"

I think for a moment before sighing. "I don't think so. I mean I don't have a quirk so inheriting her quirk, in particular, seems a bit far-fetched don't you think?"

"Probably, even so, we should try to get to the bottom of this soon. I don't trust that crusty, stay as far from him as possible." He says as though it isn't obvious already. Hawks then got a notification on his phone, he unlocked it and read the message on the screen.

"I'm dropping you off at school tomorrow."

"Huh?"

//