chapter 10

Y/n POV

The whole class is silent. No one dares to speak a word. Some kids hadn't arrived yet. Everyone is escorted from their homes to class by a hero. Only the hero-course students were present in the school, all other students had been given a week of holidays which was expected to be extended.

Hawks dropped me. I'm quite surprised he was okay with me going today but I didn't question it. Right at the moment Tooru arrived. I dragged him out of the class, not in the mood to break the silence inside. I close the door behind me and stare at him with stern eyes.

I then punch him in the face.

"Ow! What was that for Y/n?" He asked, holding onto his cheek. "For acting like you did yesterday- I can't believe you! We- heroes, can still win this, the war is not over so stop acting like there is no hope! I swear to God Tooru I'll fucking kill you if you back down now!" "Y/n,"

"Takami, Oikawa." A voice starts from behind Tooru. It is Aizawa sensei. His face is covered in bandages and his leg is not even there... He's on crutches. I want to say something but I do not. The horrors this war is about to present have only just begun. "Go back to the class." We nod and go. He enters behind us.

"We have asked all of you to come here today for only one reason." He starts, "We lost yesterday. But it is not over yet. If we play our cards right we still have a chance. Even so, we are extremely low on manpower. An activity like this has never been done in history, and both UA and Shiketsu High School have agreed to this."

"Second-years and third-years from UA and the third-years from Shiketsu High School are actively helping heroes. Still, that is not enough. The first-years from both the schools and second-years from Shiketsu who haven't received their licenses will be taking part in this. The top 30 of all students will get their hero licenses and start working, that is, interning with other heroes." That is a very appealing offer. To me, it is an opportunity to prove myself to everyone. To prove to everyone who ever doubted me. I am not going to waste it.

"Ozuru, you are not taking part in this event. We need you to start working with Recovery Girl as we are low on healers as well." She agrees. Akaashi raises his hand to ask a question. "Sensei, when will this event be held?"

"Now." All of a sudden students from Shiketsu High barge in, the loud ones in the front and the quiet ones in the back. They came ready, they were already in their hero costumes. Aizawa asked us to change as well.

In the girl's changing room I talk with Yachi. It is our first time wearing our costumes. I am quite impressed with my outfit, I had it custom-made so it looked like Mum's. It is a black jumpsuit with grey and pink lining on it, it is so it can glow in the dark when I need it. The jumpsuit also has a hood. It also has pink fingerless gloves and grey boots. Yep, a precise replica of her costume.

*There is a drawing of the suit at the end of the chapter.*

"Are you a fan of the hero Akane?" Yachi asks.

"Yeah, yeah I was. ." We gather outside. I see Oikawa and Kageyama then, one in a green outfit and the other in blue. Even though I am still mad at Tooru I let it be, hoping he understood what I said. There is a maze in front of us. Aizawa Sensei speaks up, "This maze is created especially for you kids. The first 30 to reach the other side will pass this test. Do whatever you want, there are no rules."

He steps aside from the entrance as everyone starts rushing into the maze. The maze is embedded with huge walls. The walls are strong too, as the students are not able to break them with their quirks. In front are 9 gates, everyone entering whichever they see fit. There were no groups, everyone was working by themselves. I enter through the middle gate.