-----

"okay, explain."

it was almost midnight at this point, and everyone was gathered around the living room, surrounding the two younger sitting in the middle of the couch, with taeyong sitting on the other side. he was leaning forward and had his elbows resting on his knees, looking down on the carpet as he waits for a reply from the two.

everyone was confused, to say the least. seeing the sight of mark and donghyuck making out on the couch was new for them. they can't just say that donghyuck is clinging on to mark like he normally would do because it was definitely far from that.

the air around the house doesn't feel awkward for some reason, but the two—mark and donghyuck—surely felt scared. scared, because they don't know what reactions they'll get from their members, especially from doyoung and taeyong.

they did plan on telling the members about something going on between them however, they're just finding the right time to let the members know —the right time when both of them are finally ready, but this time surely made a turn.

mark and donghyuck had their heads down, trying to avoid any eye contact from them.

donghyuck is close to tearing up because of shame. they're probably looking at them right now disgusted because of the scene they just saw, well, donghyuck assumed.

the older felt donghyuck beside him tensed up, "h-hyung, we're—" just when he's about to continue talking, donghyuck's soft voice cut him off.

"it started back when we're doing promotions with the dreamies," donghyuck said, his voice coming out more like a whisper but it was loud enough for them to hear, "me and mark hyung told are feelings about each other a long time ago and we found out everything was mutual..."

mark started to lift his gaze to look at donghyuck beside him, and he saw the younger fiddling with his hoodie sleeves and he can tell he was nervous.

while the younger still had his head hung low, he continues, "we kept it to ourselves for a long time about what's going on between us but we know we're going to tell it to you guys when me and mark hyung are both ready.." he released a shaky breath, "but i guess the sight you guys saw from earlier already explains itself."

he looked at his boyfriend beside him, and mark immediately shoots him a small nod and a smile, already knowing what the younger is going to say.

"w-were together..."

mark and donghyuck didn't hear a single word from the members, and that's when they felt defeat. both of them didn't dare to look up and see the members' reactions, but not until they heard a voice that caused them to lift their heads.

"didn't you guys just fight like two days ago and now you two are... together?" the taller—johnny—spoke looking at two younger with his mouth wide open.

after hearing that statement, all of the dreamies looked at donghyuck like a proud mother. "i can't believe this moment..." jaemin said while wiping his invisible tears.

jaehyun released a small giggle and leaned back on the couch with a grin on his face, "i knew it."

"h-huh?" both mark and haechan said in unison, while looking at the members, confused. they were expecting an opposite reaction from this.

"hyuckie... mark..." taeyong finally spoke, looking at the two with a soft smile. "of course, we accept and support you. i'm sorry if i came off a little scary but it was confusing for me the moment i saw you two earlier."

"we understand, hyung." mark replied, nodding his head.

the worry and fear that both mark and donghyuck felt seconds ago have faded away after seeing the positive reaction they got from their members.

"we may not know if you guys want to announce it on public, but we'll keep this private," doyoung started. not a secret, but private. "we'll wait until you guys are comfortable and ready."

a footstep coming from the kitchen to the living room was heard and so are the clanking of glasses together, "shots?" yuta greeted them with jungwoo following behind him while holding a case of beer they got from the fridge.

"and what for?" taeil curiously asked.

"for the celebration of the new couple!" jungwoo's shout lingered inside the whole house.

well... a midnight drink sounds good for them right now.