sixteen.

donghyuck woke up by the sound of his alarm, he rubbed his eyes before harshly pressing the button to turn it off. he looked around the room and saw the curtains are already opened causing the sun to illuminate inside the whole room.

that's also the moment when he noticed someone's missing, specifically on his bed. he remembers sleeping with an arm around his waist, and his face buried on a toned chest.

donghyuck only pouts. just when he was about to climb off his bed, he looked down on clothed his lower area under the duvet first, and blushed. he assumes mark wore it for him since he was too lazy to do it last night.

a few seconds later, his phone rang, which made him flinch in his spot. picking it up, "hello?"

"donghyuck where are you?!" a shouting voice coming from renjun on the other line greeted him, "do you even realize how late you are?!!"

donghyuck looked back on his alarm clock causing his eyes to widen. "shit!" he cursed out loud, immediately standing up from his bed, "i-i'll be there!" clearly that was a lie, he just woke and probably needs 30 minutes more to prepare.

he went straight to his bathroom and checked himself on the mirror. a small gasp fell on his lips when he saw the sight of his neck being covered with love marks.

a blush started to creep up on his cheeks as he looked away. how is he going to cover this up now? he thought to himself.

he walked out of the bathroom and straight to his wardrobe, he searches for a piece of clothing that can help him cover the marks and that happens to be a hoodie, he's thankful that the article can cover at least his neck.

he also decided to switch his shorts with sweatpants before deciding to just brush his teeth and dashing his way out of the room.

when donghyuck looked around their whole dorm, he shook his head in disbelief. they really did go out without him, "how dare mark not wake me up after making me stay up all night."

enough of talking, he decided to just have a banana that's on the table for the day before dashing his way out of the door.

eventually, donghyuck finally made his way towards the parking lot where their van is waiting for him. when the tanned male went in the vehicle, he greeted a bow to their manager before looking back at his members.

yet his eyes are searching for someone in particular, or in other words—he's looking for mark. when his eyes finally landed on the older, he saw the sight of mark sitting at the very back of the van, looking at him with a smirk drawn on his lips. he immediately looked away and sat at the nearest vacant seat and that happens to be just beside jaemin.

"everyone's complete?" their manager asked, looking at the rearview mirror and he instantly received a lot of 'yes'.

-----

"you guys are going to be rehearsing first before performing in front of the fans, alright?" one of their managers instructed them, "this is just so there are no mistakes are going to be made while you guys finally performed."

all of them listened intently to the instructions given to them while putting on their monitor ears. they are currently backstage waiting for the cue to start, their rehearsal.

jaemin appeared behind donghyuck, while panting, "almost late there." he told laughing it off while adjusting his in-ear monitor.