five.

it was just their usual day with their busy schedule—and their routine. now, here they are again, back in the music show to perform their song, happy to hear their fans shout the fanchant and wave their lightstick, receiving compliments from them here and there, causing a smile to plant on their faces. 

and now here comes everyone's favorite part, it's when both mark and donghyuck walks up towards the center and do their freestyle—usually donghyuck will tease mark by sticking his lips towards the taller or clinging onto him—but instead of those types of things, donghyuck only stands in front of mark with a smile on his face, while singing his part.

most of the fans let out confused sounds, which did not go unnoticed by the members but mark, on the other hand, shoots him a smile back and sang his part too, it's like he didn't even see anything wrong on his and donghyuck's part

they continued performing their song as the confetti showers them. 

they bowed to their fans and waved goodbye as they walked backstage and immediately greeted by praises from their managers and staff while they clapped their hands. they now successfully finished their promotions and everyone is just as happy. 

while all of the staffs handed water bottles to the kpop group, taeyong looks at his group with a smile, "woah! we finally finished the promotion." he stated and everyone smiled.

"finally going to get my salary!" johnny shamefully shouted on top of his lungs, making everyone laugh and receive playfully slaps from his group members.

well for mark and donghyuck, they are in two different units so recalling back, they still have another comeback to do—both of them are just waiting for their manager to notify them when the comeback period is going to start.

"tired?" a voice comes from behind donghyuck, interrupting his drinking session. he then looked back and instantly locked eyes with mark.

great, the person he really just wanted to avoid, not only that he can also see his manager standing not too far away from behind the older's back, looks like he was busy doing something else.

the younger only nods his head as an answer. to think that, that was the end of their conversation, well donghyuck thought wrong, mark ruffles his hair and shoots him a smile, "go and rest then, after that we'll be going back to our dorm." mark stated before heading his way towards the dressing room.

and just like that, his battery is full again after mark done all of these small acts to him. he's supposed to stick to the plan—which is avoiding mark but that little smile mark just gave him can't help but feel weak.

he doesn't even realize that he's now smiling like a creep while he's still busy dozing off.

"you good?" a voice snapped him out of his thoughts, flinching on his spot, a little.

donghyuck bows at his manager as he smiles awkwardly, "o-oh yes... of course!" the tanned male faked a smile.

he nods at the tanned boy's reply, "go change now." he told, eyeing the outfit that donghyuck is wearing since this boy still hasn't changed his stage outfit.