fourteen.

days passed and their preparations for their comeback have already been settled, they just need to make everything clear and perfect before the company drops the music video teaser on their social medias.

it was faster than they expected, all of the members are the most excited to announce to their fans about their full album.

this day is very eventful for them too, after recording for the last time they spend their whole day inside the practice room, practicing—trying to make themselves synchronized with each other and they flawless did.

looking at the group behind him through the mirror their choreographer shoots them with a smile and gave them a thumbs-up before signaling them to start packing their things, "i suggest you guys rest for now since a long week is ahead of y'all."

they all nodded at the statement as he made his way out of the room.

jaemin and renjun did the same, picking up his bag and slinging it on his shoulders. meanwhile, both chenle and jisung childishly pushed each other, racing out of the door.

"jeno, help me." donghyuck that is laying down on the floor, stretched his arms towards the male acting like a baby wants to be picked up.

the said male looked back at him before dropping whatever he's doing. but the moment he walked up towards donghyuck a figure blocked his way, "come on." mark said, reaching out for donghyuck's hands.

donghyuck opened his eyes and saw mark standing in front of him. he took the time to observe the older's features, eyes are starting to crawl down on his veiny arms. he didn't realize he's been staring at the older for that long until he felt a hand on his own.

"are you not going to stand up?" mark asks, taking donghyuck's hands on his own. he pulled the younger up by his with own strength since he saw donghyuck's not moving any time soon. "hurry up now, our manager is probably waiting for us in the parking lot."

the tanned male awkwardly looks away, here he is again, daydreaming about his best friend.

as time passes by, donghyuck felt himself avoiding mark more and more. the atmosphere, whenever he's around mark, seems awkward, it's not like before—when he always cling and jokingly kisses the older's cheeks.

he will avoid mark at any given time. he's scared of how his body will react and his mind will think unholy thoughts when he's with mark. his attraction to his best friend is getting strong as weeks pass by.

of course, mark notices every bit of this.

donghyuck almost harshly pulled his hands off the older, immediately distancing himself away from him and walked towards his bag. his eyes didn't fail to notice jeno looking at him with a smirk on his face causing him to playfully roll his eyes.

mark's eyes secretly follows donghyuck. he furrowed his brows when he saw the younger not moving away from jeno.

he scoffs and grabbed his bag before heading out of the room, without saying any word.

when they saw the older disappeared in the room, jeno elbowed the tanned male beside him with his smirk started growing bigger, "did you saw that?" he excitedly asks.