Chapter 58

Family is one of the most important things in the world. Families are like branches on a tree,we grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one. The prophet (SAW) said "Do not ever we sever your relationship with a member of your family even if he severs his relationship with you." Keeping relations with family members prolongs one's life and increases one's sustenance.

Noorie suggested they have a family reunion since everyone have been busy with their lives. No one has spare time for the other. She planned a family reunion and invited everyone she could think of. They are all family to her. It doesn't matters if they share the same parents or not. Their wedding anniversary is today and she decided to organize a family reunion instead.

"You should take those carpet to the garden. I will bring the remaining snacks." Nawal picked up the tray filled with different snacks and went outside to the garden where they will be having the family reunion. She went back to the house and sat down in the living room. She is tired after organizing everything they will need for the reunion.

"You look very tired. I offered to help but you said no." Noorie said,munching on the homemade cookie. Nawal simply rolled her eyes and stared at Noorie. The way Noorie eats baffles her. She was eating cake when she left the living room earlier and here she is eating cookies again. Noorie has been eating like a glutton since she got pregnant. She is just two months pregnant and she is eating this much.

Nawal was dozing off on the couch when Affan walked into the living room holding Hisham. He started crying immediately he saw his mum.

"Why did you bring him here? You know he won't let me rest now." Nawal collected him from Affan frowning her face.

"He was crying upstairs. I guess he is hungry." Affan rolled his eyes and collected the cookie Noorie was eating. He picked her on the cheek and sat close to her. Nawal was already used to how Affan is always glued to Noorie. He is always with her whenever they are at home.

Nawal breastfeed her seven months baby,ignoring Affan and Noorie. They are both playing like kids in the living room. She doesn't get angry whenever they play like that. She can't control the jealous side in her. Sometimes she gets very jealous seeing them together but what can she do? Affan can never love her the same way he loves Noorie. She doesn't know what might happen in future,but she has lost hope.

"Assallamu'alaikum" Fadeela muttered,walking into the living room. Affan and Noorie quickly stop what they were doing. Fadeela saw them but didn't say anything. She doesn't want to meddle in her daughter's private life with her husband and co wife. It's none of her business.

"Wa'alaikum sallam" They replied. Nawal stopped breastfeeding Hisham and gave him to Noorie. She hugged her mother tightly. She has missed her so much.

"Why are you acting like a baby? Hisham is suppose to hug me like this not you." Fadeela rolled her eyes and pushed Nawal slightly.

"I miss you." She pouted,smiling at her mother. Fadeela shake her head and hugged Noorie. She collected Hisham from her and started playing with him. Nawal's mother treats Noorie like her daughter. They are not close but she is always nice to her when they meet. She is even more nice than her daughter.

"You guys are not even ready? You should go and get ready please." Fadeela shooed them away from the living room shaking her head. How can the guests be ready before the hosts?
.........

"The both of you should be careful. Don't play rough if not I will personally spank the both of you." Mrs Modibbo warned with narrowed eyes. She was talking to Jamal and Mahmud who told her they want to go and play outside the garden. The two kids have become best friends just like their grandmothers. They nodded and ran away.

"Let's play couples game." Nawal suggested to which they all nodded. "So here is how it works. Two couple will sit on two chairs but their back will be facing each other. We will give each person a pen and paper. You will be asked a question about your wife or husband. The both of them have to write down the answer. Then I will check if the answers correspond. Do you all understand?" She asked to which they all nodded again.

"Sounds fun." Asmau said,smiling.

"You and your husband will be the first couples." Nawal said referring to Asmau. They nodded and got up. They both sat on the chair with their back facing each other.

"Who wants to ask the first question?" Nawal asked. Noorie raised up her hand and got up smiling mischievously.

"The question goes to Asmau. What is your husband's shoe size?" Noorie asked. Asmau glared at Noorie and wrote down the answer.

"Asmau wrote 43,while the correct answer is....." Nawal checked her husband's paper and chuckled. "42" She was very close to the answer.

"You failed your first question,Asmau." Nawal said. Asmau glared at Noorie for asking her such question. How can she ask her that kind of question. They asked the couples more questions to which they answered correctly.

"The next couple is Noorie and Affan." Asmau smiled,knowing she can now ask Noorie a question she can't answer.

"I will ask the first question." Ameena raised her hand up. "Where was the first place you met Noorie ?" Ameena asked. Noorie wrote down her answer and Affan also did the same. Nawal checked the answers and confirmed Affan was wrong. They met in a boutique according to Noorie's answer,while Affan wrote down they met in Dubai.

"I will ask the second question." Asmau smiled mischievously and got up. "How many cousins does Affan have?" Asmau asked. Everyone laughed,knowing Noorie cannot get the right answer. Falmata knew even Affan does not have an answer to that question. She doesn't know how many cousins he has either.

Noorie glared at Asmau and wrote down 20. Affan coincidentally wrote down the same number. He just guessed a number and wrote it down. "They both have 20 here." Nawal said making Asmau frown her face.

"Maybe they cheated." Goggo said making everyone laugh. They finished the couples game and ate before playing another game. Everyone looks genuinely happy. Noorie was feeling blessed to have a wonderful family like this.

She stared at Affan smiling. Indeed people fall in love in mysterious ways. Se couldn't ask for a better partner to spend her life with. The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved. Affan walked up to her and kissed her forehead.

"Marrying You was the best decision of my life. I love you Noorie." He hugged her ignoring the look everyone was giving them. Nobody matters when he is with his wife.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength,while loving someone deeply gives you courage. We are most alive when we are in love. The only thing that we never get enough of is love and the only thing we never give enough of is love. There is only one happiness in this life,to love and be loved.

The end.

Assallamu'alaikum

Alhamdulilah! We are done💃 the epilogue is coming up soon!

Thank you all for sticking to this book till the end. I love and appreciate each and everyone of you❤️❤️

Goodnight❤️