CHAPTER 9

Enjoy❤

"So do you like this place?"Ameena asked,breaking the silence.

Yes I like it. It looks nice." I replied her, looking at the restaurant again.

Me and Ameena are presently in the new restaurant she told me about yesterday. The place looks nice.

"I am glad you like it. So back to the main reason we are here." she said,sitting up right.

"This is how it works. It is just like question and answer. I will ask you some questions and you will also ask me."

"Okay. You can start." I said,staring at her.

"But before that let's order for something. I will like to have batter fried fish with cheese sauce and you?" She asked looking at the menu.

"Let me have a look at the menu first. I will like to have chicken and cheese salad." I replied after checking the menu.

"Okay. I will have batter fried fish with cheese sauce and he will have chicken and cheese salad." She said to the young waitress.

"So my first question. How are you yaya?"

I gave her the 'are you serious look' before replying her. "I am fine."

"Alhamdulilah. I asked that question because many things have happened and you know,I will like to know if you are fine before proceeding." She said,staring at me with a concerned face.

"Look Ameena I am fine. Nothing is wrong with me." I said getting irritated. What does she mean by many things have happened? Why are they all treating me like a baby?

"I am happy you are fine yaya. I miss my old brother." She said with a sad face.

"I haven't been the best brother to you after everything but it isn't exactly my fault. I had alot to deal with. So am sorry if I haven't been there for you all this while." I apologised.

"No don't apologise yaya. I understand." She said placing her hands on mine that was on the table.

How can you understand when you don't even know what it feels like? I wanted to say but decided againsts it. "Thank you." I said instead faking a smile.

Fifteen minutes later the watress brought our orders.

"Thank you." I said to the waitress after she dropped our dishes on the table.

"Do you have any one in your life?"Ameena asked breaking the silence.

"No." I replied,curtly.

"But who was the girl you were talking to yesterday night?" She asked,eating.

"Why were you eavesdropping?" I asked

"I am sorry I eavesdrop. Abba sent me to give you a file and I heard you talking on phone so I eavesdropped." She explained shifting uncomfortable.

"I will deal with you later." I hate it when someone listens to my conversation.

"I won't do it again." She said playing with her fork. Why is she acting like a baby?

"So where did you meet your fiance?" I asked looking at her . She was kind of surprised but masked it up with a smile.

"I met him when I was in ss1. We were friends then but he asked me out in ss3. I agreed and we have been dating since then."

"Dating in secondary school? Does Ammi know about it? How did you cope with that kind of relationship?" I asked looking at her.

"Well to be honest it wasn't easy. We had lots of problems. We attended the same university maybe that is why we are still together. I was even tired of the relationship at a time. Like we keep fighting, sometimes we were to busy with our lives to call each other but alhamdulilah we are geting married." She said with a proud smile.