chapter 24

Third person's pov
"I want to talk to you and Kaka." Noorie uttered, nervously. She has to do this.

"You look nervous. Are you okay?" Goggo asked,worriedly.

"Yes i am okay. I just want to talk to you and Kaka."

"Okay you can come back by later when we finish praying Isha'a. I hope it nothing serious? Is there something i should know?"

"Nothing. I will come back later." I don't know why am scared. I have to tell them before it gets late.

"You are back." Asmau uttered,immediately she entered the room.

"Yeah." She replied,curtly.

"So....uhm.....did you tell them?" She asked,nervously. I clearly know what she is talking about but since am not in the mood i will just act like i don't know what she is saying.

"What are you talking about?" I asked with raised eyebrows. Asmau can be very annoying sometimes. What is her business with my life?

"About Affan." She blurted out. Asmau talks without thinking. She just blurt out whatever comes to her mind. Rubbish girl. She mentally rolled her eyes.

"What about Affan?" She asked,feighning ignorance. Let me see if she will still go straight to the point.

"Uhm....aren't you.....just forget it." She muttered with a fake smile. She obviously wants to act dumb about it. Two can play the game.

Noorie chose to ignore her and proceeded into the toilet to perform ablution. It's time for prayer. Immediately she finish praying and said her dua(an islamic invocation) she folded the praying mat,hijab and went downstairs. It will take atleast 10minutes more before Kaka finish praying. So it better to just walk around the house.

Noorie was deep in thought when Habiba informed that Goggo called for her. She rubbed her hands together,nervously and headed towards Goggo's room.

"Assalamu'alikum." She muttered,immediately she entered.

"Wa'alaikum sallam." They replied in unison. "Your Goggo informed me that you want to talk to us. I hope everything is alright?" Kaka asked,worriedly. I guess they are really worried.

"Everything is okay. I just want to....uhm.." she trailed off. Why am i nervous? I have to do this. This isnt the time to be scared.

"Sit down please." Kaka beseeched. She went forward and sat on the couch opposite the bed. "You don't need to be scared. We are your grandparents. Feel free,okay?"

"Okay." I replied and took in a deep breath. "It's about me and mahmud." She mumbled but loud enough for them to hear.

They looked at each other and smiled. "What about Mahmud? Is there a problem?" Kaka inquired.

"There is no problem. I...i...uhm.." she swallowed and continued "i am in love with someone else." She blurted out. Her grandparents were taken aback. Kaka was very surprised that Noorie said that out. Noorie has been a shy person since she was small.

"Who is that?" Kaka asked,calmly. She didn't expect him to act so calm about it. She took that as a clue to tell them everything about Affan.

"His name is Abubakar Habib Lamido." She replied, nervously.

"You love him?" He asked,staring at her with an emotional face.

"Yes i do." She replied,shyly. She doesnt even know if kaka is angry. His face is just neutral. She desperately want to know what is going on in his mind. Goggo on the other side was looking into space. Maybe she is trying to process what i said.