Chapter 39

Get your tissues please 🥺

"I don't think we can do anything to help him. His condition has worsen. I suggest we off the life support machine. I am sorry to say this but I don't think Mahmud will wake up. His condition hasn't improve at all. I didn't tell your wife because I know you will understand me more than she will. We have tried everything possible and it not working." Doctor Hameed explained to Alhaji Modibbo.

"You can't do anything to help him?" Alhaji Modibbo asked to which he nodded.

"You have to make a decision sir." The Doctor said,staring at Alhaji Modibbo. The aged man is going through a lot. No parent will wish to see his son in pain.

"I will speak to my wife and get back to you." Alhaji Modibbo gave him a small smile and left the hospital. He went to the mosque to pray before going home.

"Alhaji you are back. What did the doctor say?" Mrs Modibbo asked. She was just about to step out of the house when her husband came back.

"Can we sit down please?" He didn't wait for her reply. He simply went inside the living room and sat down. His wife also did the same.

"The doctor advise us to off the life support machine. He said Mahmud's health has worsen. They don't think he will wake up." Alhaji Modibbo explained to his wife who is surprisingly calm. Honestly she is not surprise. They have all given up on Mahmud.

"I think we should just listen to the doctor." She said with glistening eyes. She also can't believe she just said that.

"Are you sure about this?" Alhaji Modibbo asked his wife to which she nodded. He was expecting her to say no or something.

"But there is a problem. How do we convince Noorie? You know she will never agree to this right? How do we explain to her?" She asked. Convincing Noorie will be very hard. Who will even explain to her?

"I am sure she will understand. We just have to explain to her." Alhaji Modibbo replied. He talks like it will be that easy. "I think you should tell her mum to explain to her. I think her mum is the best person to convince her." He said.

"Did you just say her mother? She won't even listen to her. Have you ever seen her mother in the hospital? That woman is a psycho. She is not the best person please. I think Asmau should explain to her. You know they are very close." Mrs Modibbo suggested. She dislikes Noorie's mother a lot. The woman doesn't care about her daughter at all.

"Then I think we should talk to Asmau. You should call her." He said. He thinks Asmau isn't in the right position to talk to her,but he trusts his wife if she says Asmau can do it.

"I will just see her at the hospital. I think it better we talk in person." Mrs Modibbo said. She brought out her phone from the handbag and dialed Asmau's number. She told her to meet her at the hospital and ended the call.

"I will be on my way." She said to her husband and left the house.
............
"You mean you can't talk to her?" Mrs Modibbo asked just to confirm what she heard. She is presently with Asmau talking inside the car. She told her to help explain things to Noorie and she told her she can't.

"I am not in the right position to talk to her. She won't listen to me. I suggest you call Goggo. She will handle Noorie." Asmau said and went out of the car. She can't believe Mrs Modibbo said something like that. Is she trying to get her and her unborn baby killed? How can she tell Noorie something like that?

Mrs Modibbo sighed and went out of the car. She went upstairs and called Goggo. They both went out of the room. She explained the situation of things to her and pleaded with her to talk to Noorie.