CHAPTER 11

Enjoy

"Fareed when will you introduce your fiance to us?" Mrs Fatima asked,smiling at him.

"Very soon." Ya Fareed replied,shyly.

We are on the dining table eating and honestly I don't have appetite. I just playing with the spoon. Everyone have been making small conversations here and there which I am not in any way interested in.

"When are you both getting married?" Mrs Fatima asked, directing her question at me and Asmau. What is this woman's business with our life.

"Very soon." We replied her.

"You are not getting younger. You need to get married". We are just 24. How the hell are we getting old.

"That is exactly what I have been telling them." Goggo chimes in before I could reply Mrs modibo.

"We will get married when we find the right person." I raised my voice a little at them. Why are they troubling us about marriage?

"Just make it quick. "Goggo said,glaring at both of us

I don't know why Goggo keeps disturbing us about marriage. Maybe she should just get us married.
........
"Your mum said she is coming over tomorrow and she is coming with your stepfather. Let me tell you about your stepfather. His name is Ahmad Tukur. He is a senator. He has two wives and your mum is the second wife. He is from Adamawa state. He is a very nice man and he wants you to start staying with them." Goggo said,looking at me. Stay with who? My mother?

We came back home 1hour ago after the annoying dinner we had woth the Modibbo. Goggo called me to her room because she wanted to talk to me.

"I don't want to live with my mother. I prefer living here Goggo and why does he want me to live with them?"

"You need to be with your mum Noorie". Goggo replied me.

"I can always stay with you and Kaka."

"I want you to get close to your mum. I won't be here forever." Goggo said with a sad smile. I know Goggo,but staying with my mother will be a little hard." I said,nervously.

"You have to try. Get close to her. Tell her how much you love her. Keep talking to her even if she doesn't answer you. She will change someday."

"I will try Goggo." I said and gave her a small smile.

"That is good." Goggo said and hugged me.

"Go and sleep Noorie. Tomorrow is going to be a long day and please do not mention anything about your biological father tomorrow infront of your mum." Goggo warmed.

I wanted to ask her why but decided against it.

"Goodnight." I said making my way to the door.

I was about to open the door when I remembered something and turned.

"Was it an arranged marriage or love marriage?" I asked with raised eyebrow.

"It was more like an arranged marriage." Goggo replied, smilling.

"Okay." I muttered and went to my room.

I can't believe my mother agreed to an arranged marriage. Ever since I was young she hates it when Goggo talks about marriage. I was surprised when Goggo told me earlier about the marriage. I was surprised she agreed to get married and an arranged marriage. Hoe did it happen?

I know staying with my mum won't be easy at all but there is no harm in trying.
........
"I will be starting my internship next week monday In sha Allah. I have missed you. I can't wait to see you. I said,excitedly. My bestfriend is coming back to Nigeria in the next two weeks. Hafsah called me on facetime and I really miss her.