Chapter 44

Home,a starting place of love,hope and dream. A place where love reside and memories are created. Salma was happy when she left her parent's house,but why does it feel so good now that she is back.

She left the house with the hope of coming back with her husband,smiling at everyone they meet. Salma wanted to make her marriage work after her mother pleaded with her. She will be very disappointed if she sees her like this.

Salma came down from the taxicab and payed the driver. She stared at her parent's house,unable to move from her position. What will her mother say? Will she be disappointed at her? She has so many questions but she can only get answers if she goes inside the house.

Summoning all the courage she has,she knocked on the gate. The gateman opened the gate,surprised to see his master's daughter. The last time he saw her was after her wedding.

"Good evening." He greeted to which she nodded. She walked into the house,remembering all the memories she had in that house.

She entered the living room with a taslim. Her parent's were sitting in the livingroom,watching a tv show.

"Wa'alaikum sallam." They both replied.

"Salma? What are you doing here? Where is your husband?" Her mum asked,staring at her. She was surprised to see her here.

"Mum!" She called with shaky voice.

"Salma! Why are you here? What is wrong with you? You have bruises all over your face. Where is your husband?" Her father asked. Salma didn't say anything. She fell on her knees crying. Her parent's were confused. They haven't seen their daughter for almost 2years and she came back to their house with a bruised face. Her mum pulled her up and hugged her. She held her mum tightly,sobbing on her shoulder.

"Why are you crying? What happened?" Her father asked. He was getting worried about her.

"Abba!" She called,sobbing on her mum's shoulder.

"You can talk about it when you are ready. Let's go upstairs so you can freshen up." Her mum said. She nodded and followed her mum upstairs leaving her father in the living room.

"You should come downstairs and eat when you are done." Her mum smiled at her and left the room.

She showered and wore one of the clothes she left in the house.

She left the room and went downstairs. She has to talk to her parent about Abubakar. Her mum was not in the kitchen so she went to the living room. She heard voices coming out from the living room. Those voices were familiar. She shake her head,praying it is not who she thinks it is.

Salma ran inside the living room. Abubakar was sitting close to her father,sobbing. She was shocked to see him there. How could he even come here after everything he did to her?

"I have failed as a father. I couldn't protect my baby. I wish I didn't go on that business trip." Abubakar said,crying. Salma gasp,staring at the liar in front of her. What kind of a person is he?

"Salma!" Her father called,finally noticing her presence in the living room.

"My baby! Why didn't you tell us what happened?" Her mum asked with teary eyes. Salma stared at her parent wondering what Abubakar told them.

"Habibty! I am so sorry. I couldn't protect our baby." Abubakar said,sobbing.

"Did you just say our baby? Which baby? The one you killed? You are a beast,Abubakar!" She yelled,glaring at him.