Chapter 36

Enjoy
"What happened,Noorie? Is everything okay?" Goggo asked. She told Kaka she will call him back and ended the call.

"Goggo!" Noorie called.

"Yes what happened?" She asked.

"Mahmud,Goggo." She replied with glistening eyes.

"What happened to him? Is he okay?" Goggo asked. She was getting impatient.

"He had an accident and....." She trailed off.

"Inna lillahi waina ilaihi rajiun! How did it happen? Where is he?" Goggo quickly wore her hijab. They need to go and see him. "let's go,Noorie." She was about to go out of the room when Noorie called her.

"Wait Goggo. Mahmud slipped into coma. He is in coma." Noorie said,barely above a whisper. She couldn't believe her own ears. How can Mahmud be in coma?

Goggo was too shock to say anything. She opened her mouth and close it again,unable to utter a word.

They don't know for how long they sat on the floor staring at each other,but Goggo's ringing tone brought her back to her senses. It was Kaka calling.

"Hello!" Goggo muttered,after picking the call.

"What happened earlier? Is everything okay." Kaka asked.

"Mahmud had an accident and he slipped into coma,alhaji!" Goggo said,crying on the floor.

"Inna lillahi waina illahi rajiun! How did it happen?"

"Can i call you back later. I have to attend to Noorie. She is not saying anything." Without waiting for kaka's response,she ended the call.

"Noorie! Noorie! Noorie!" Goggo called,shaking her hand. She didn't budge. She sat on the floor looking into space. "Noorie please talk to me. Noorie please." She beseeched. She did all she could,but Noorie didn't budge. Tired of calling her name repeatedly,Goggo sat on the floor crying.

Asmau,who just got back from work was shock to see her grandmother crying and Noorie was lost in thought.

"Goggo! What happened? Why are you crying?" She asked. Seeing her grandmother like that made her worried.

"Mahmud had an accident and he slipped into coma,Asmau!" To say Asmau was shock will be an understatement.

"What do you mean? How is that possible?" Asmau asked. She had tears in her eyes.

"We are also shocked. He had an accident and it affected him." Goggo explained to a crying Asmau.

"We need to go to the hospital ." Goggo said,staring at her granddaughter. She just got married few weeks ago and her husband is in coma. Which kind of trouble is this?
.................
They reached the hospital sooner than they thought. Noorie and Goggo alighted from the car while Asmau went to park the car properly. They both walked to the receptionist and asked ask of Mahmud's room number. Asmau joined them shortly and they both went upstairs to his room.

Noorie was scared to step her foot into the room. She doesn't know what Mahmud will look like,but it scares her a lot.

"Let's go in." Asmau said,gaining her attention. She nodded and entered the room.

Mrs Moddibo is sitting on a couch in the room. Her eyes were puffy from all the crying. Anisa on the other hand was weeping on her mother's shoulder. Seeing her in laws like that broke her heart. Noorie closed her eyes and opened. She looked at Mahmud and wish she didn't do that.