Chapter 26

Thank you so much RiaXwriter_ and Rukky_laboh I love you both so much❤❤❤❤

Noorie's pov

Sometimes,we don't always get what we want. We all plan,but Allah is the best of planners.

In my 24years of existence,I have never think that marriage will be forced on me. I made a big mistake by accepting Mahmud's proposal in the first place. Maybe if I had said no,I wouldn't find myself in this terrible situation now. I was just trying to be a good granddaughter,but what did I get in return? A forced arranged marriage.

Why is life so unfair to me?

If I had known,I wouldn't have said anything to my grandparents about my feelings for Affan. I should have listened to Asmau. Maybe if I had kept quiet,things wouldn't have turn out so bad for me.

It been a month since ya Fareed's wedding. It been a month since I met and talked to Affan. It been a month since I made ridicule of myself by telling my grandparents I am no longer interested in marrying
Mahmud. Had I known,I would have just kept quiet.

I can remember vividly when I was summoned to my grandparent's room the second day after I informed them of my feelings for Affan.

Kaka told me he can't cutoff the wedding. He said he is sorry,but I have no choice than to marry Mahmud if truly they are my grandparents and I respect them. Goggo also went further,telling me about how they don't want to tarnish their image infront of the Modibbos. I don't know what went wrong. Kaka assured me everything will be fine,but no. He lied to me. I don't know how Goggo managed to convince him.

As if that wasn't enough. Goggo said whether I like it or not,my marriage has been scheduled to happen in the next three month. Why waste time? That was what Goggo said that day. I can't believe my own grandmother can do something like this to me. I can't believe it. My happiness doesn't matter to them atall. I have only two months left. Only two months before I become someone's wife. I can't believe this. Only if my mother was like other mothers. Only if my mother treats me the right way a mother should treat her daughter. Maybe all this wouldn't have happened. I am all alone in this world.

Talking about my mother,Asmau informed me that she gave birth this morning. That was the first thing she told me immediately I entered the house. I had nught shift yesterday and came back home this morning.

I don't know if am suppose to call my mother and congratulate her. The woman might not even pick the call. I can easily go to her house and see her,but what if she embarrass me? It better if I just stay at home and rest. I don't want more problem.

"Babe! Standup let's go."

"Where are we going to?" I asked Asmau who is now sitting on my bed,indifferently.

"You have a junior sister! Aren't you interested? Come let's go and see her." She replied,grinning.

"I am happy,but......" I trailed off not knowing what to say. I am really happy about the new addition,but I don't know if my mum will like to see me near her new daughter.

"Your mum right?" She asked,sympathetically. Asmau knows me like the back of her hand. Without saying anything,she knows what is wrong already.

"Yes." I murmured. I know she heard me loud and clearly.

"You are making matters worse,Noorie. Perhaps you haven't noticed,but all your mum wants is attention. She likes it when you are so bothered about what she thinks. Don't get me wrong,she is your mother. You are allowed to be bothered about her,but you don't have to keep showing it. If you sit here and wait for her to come and apologise for everything she did to you,then you are dreaming. She won't come. You have to mend your relationship with her yourself. If she keeps pushing you away,move closer to her. If I was in your shoes,I would have gone to her house. Play with my baby sister. Act like I don't give a f***. If you ignore the little things she does to hurt you,trust me she will stop hurting you. She will give up on hurting you." She took in a deep breath and continued. "Noorie I am sorry to say this,but you are too soft. Everyone takes you for granted. You act like a dummy sometimes. This isnt about your mum alone. This is about everyone. They take you for granted. They force things on you because they know you have no choice but to take it. You really need to change,Noorie. If you want everyone to respect you,you have to change.