Chapter 37

RiaXwriter_  thank you for the cover❤️

I have good news for you,Mahmud. You know I told you Asmau is married right? She got married two months ago to doctor Hameed." Noorie said and took a sip from her coffee.

"It funny how they both met in this hospital and got married. Do you even know what? Asmau is pregnant. Do you believe that? I mean Asmau will be a mother. That unserious girl will be a mother." Noorie laughed out loud. She almost choke on her coffee. Ever since Mahmud was involved in an accident six months ago,Noorie suddenly likes coffee. Mahmud's favorite coffee.

"They met in this hospital after your accident. They started dating and then got married. Now she is pregnant and you are still lying on this bed. That is not fair,Mahmud. Asmau will be a mother before me. We always talk about how we will get pregnant at the same time and our kids will be birthday mate,but that girl betrayed me. Funny right?" Noorie asked Mahmud like she was expecting an answer.

"Even if I want our kids to be birthday mate,that won't be possible because you are just lying on this bed. You need to get up,Mahmud. We need to make some babies. Asmau can't be the only mother here." Noorie muttered. She got up from her sitting position and walked to the toilet. She came out shortly and sat on the couch again.

She is already used to staying in the hospital that she feels comfortable around it. 

"I have another gist for you. I want to gist you about my mother. You know we are not really close right? So she told me something on our wedding day. She told she has been married two times before but none of them worked out. She was even married to my uncle and I didn't know. Just imagine. I don't know why they like hiding things from me in that house. I am tired of how they treat me like a baby. Always hiding things from me." She mumbled,shaking her head. This is the exact same way Noorie talks to Mahmud everyday.

She will tell him about how her day went. She will even talk to him about her childhood sometimes. If a stranger sees her talking to Mahmud,they will think she is mad because how can you be taking to someone for the past six month without getting a reply even once? Her family were already used to her behavior so they just overlook it thinking it not a big deal.

Noorie is slowly loosing her mind. She doesn't talk to anyone that much except her Mahmud. Atimes she will talk for hours,pray and cry. Noorie believes Mahmud will wake up one day.

"Assallamu'alaikum." Mrs Modibbo muttered to which Noorie responded. She smiled at her daughter in law and sat on another couch. Noorie continued talking to Mahmud about their wedding day. She didn't mind her mother in law's presence.

Two doctors also came inside the room to check on Mahmud. That was her clue to keep shut.

"How is he doing,doctor?" Mrs Modibbo asked.

"Honestly He isn't responding to treatment. His condition has not improve at all. Am afraid he won't survive this." The doctor whispered. He doesn't want Noorie to hear him. The other day the doctor talked about how Mahmud was not responding to treatment and she made a scene in the hospital. She kept on talking about how the doctor was lying because she is also a doctor and understands how things work.

Mrs Modibbo simply nodded at the doctor. That is the only thing the doctor says whenever she asks of her son's health. They are only waiting for a miracle to happen because honestly they don't think Mahmud will wake up again.