Chapter 46

"You have killed my son. I will never forgive you,Salma. I will never forgive you for killing my son!" Hajiya Fadila yelled,crying on the floor. She came to Abuja just to accuse Salma of killing her son. Salma came back from Lagos yesterday.

After what happened,the female doctor came back to the house. She wanted to help Salma thinking Abubakar was not home. She entered the house and met Salma sitting close to Abubakar's body. She asked her what happened and Salma explained everything to her. She promised to help her because she isn't blind to how Abubakar treats her.

She called Salma's parent and explain everything to them. Salma couldn't do it so she offered to help. They told her to bring Salma back to Abuja. She did as she was told and called Abubakar's mother after that. The aged woman swore to take her to court for killing her only son. She can't go scot free. Hajiya Fadila came to Lagos good that day with some of his uncles. They buried him the next day in Lagos. Doctor Hauwa made sure Salma was in Abuja before her mother in law came to Lagos. Hajiya Fadila came to Abuja the next day. She didn't waste time in coming to meet Salma.

"You are happy right? I am sure you ar happy. You will regret it." She glared at Salma. The girl has ruined her life by killing Abubakar. He has always been her favorite,maybe because he is the only son.

"My daughter didn't kill Abubakar." Salem's mother defended. She should have listened to her daughter,but she chose to turn a blind eye to it.

"I will see you in court tomorrow. I will make sure I send you to jail." Hajiya Fadila left the house with her squad trailing behind her.

"I will talk to my lawyer." Her father said and walked away.

"Salma!" Her mother called. She stared at her Mum with hatred. She didn't listen to her when she needed to. Her fake sympathy is not needed. "I should have listened to you. I am sorry my baby. Please forgive me." She beseeched,crying in front of her daughter. Salma didn't budge. She simply stared at her with disgust.

She is her mother. Isn't she suppose to understand her than anybody?  Why didn't she understand her?

"I am not holding any grudge against you." Salma said and walked away. She didn't care if she sounded rude. Her mother deserves it.

Safiyya stared at her daughter's retreating figure. Her relationship with Salma can never be back to normal. What kind of a mother is she? She was not there for her daughter when she needed her. Salma will never go to jail. Not when she is alive. She vowed to fight for her daughter tomorrow in court.

One week has passed since the investigation about Abubakar's death started. Today being Monday is the final verdict. Salma didn't know what to feel. Hajiya Fadila has tried everything to send her to jail. Her fate will be decided in court today. It is either she goes to jail or not. She hopes it the latter.

"Don't worry,Salma. The court will organize be your innocence today." Her mum said,smiling. She simply nodded.

"Don't even deceive her. She is going to jail." Hajiya Fadila glared at her and entered the court room. Salma followed her wordlessly.
.............
"Alhamdulilah! (Praise be to Allah) I told you we will win the case. I am so happy." Safiyya said. She hugged her daughter,thanking Allah.   Salma didn't make an attempt to hug her back. She couldn't do it.

"We should go home." Her father said,smiling. The court proved Salma's innocence. They claimed it was self defense. Abubakar would have killed her if she didn't stab him. Doctor Hauwa also testified in court. She explained to the court how Abubakar always call her to treat Salma after beating her. Her license was seized. She was suppose to report to the police station not help Abubakar.

Salma apologized to her,but she clarified that she did the right thing. She can finally be at peace.

"This isn't the end,Salma. I will revenge." Hajiya Fadila threatened and walked away. Salma was not scared of her threat. She is just like her son.

"Don't mind her. Let's go home." Her father said. They entered the car and drove home.

"You should rest. The past one week has been stressful for you." Safiyya said to her daughter. They just came back home from court. Salma nodded,holding her head. She doesn't know why,but she feels dizzy. She tried to climb the stairs,but almost fell down.

"Are you okay?" Her father asked,holding her. "I will call the doctor." Safiyya said and carried her phone. Her father helped her to her room upstairs. The doctor arrived shortly.

"Your daughter is two weeks pregnant." The doctor explained to a worried Safiyya. She opened her mouth to say something but ended up closing it again. "She needs to be extra careful. Please make sure she doesn't stress herself." The doctor said to a shocked Safiyya. She nodded and escorted the doctor out.

Salma was awake when she cape back.

"The doctor just left." Her mum said. She doesn't know how to start explaining to Salma about her pregnancy. "She said you are two weeks pregnant." Her mum said,nervously.

"Tell her to help me abort the baby. I can't keep his baby in my womb. Never!" She yelled at the verge of tears. Why does she have to get pregnant after she thought she was free from Abubakar? Salma doesn't want to have anything to do with him again.

"Abortion? Are you out of your mind?" Safiyya asked not believing her ears. "You will give birth to this baby insha Allah. The innocent baby has not done anything wrong to you. Why do you want to kill the baby before it even comes to this world?" Her mother stared at her. This isn't the Salma she knows. The Salma she knows will never say something like that.

"I hate him,Umma! I hate the pregnancy!I hate the baby! I hate everything about Abubakar!" She yelled,crying her eyes out. There is no way she will form a relationship with the baby she is carrying. She hates the father and she also hate the child.

"I regret how I have been treating you. Goggo was right. Your father was the one that offended me not you. I am sorry. Please forgive me." Salma beseeched,crying.

"I always try my best to treat you right. Whenever I look at you,all I see is my late husband. Maybe I should have listened to Goggo. She told me to forget about your father and treat you like my own flesh and blood. I didn't listen to her and I regret not doing so. Please forgive me." Her eyes were puffy from crying. She cries whenever she remembers Abubakar. No one should be treated the way she was treated. She didn't want Noorie to know the truth because she knows it will hurt her.

"You didn't offend me." Noorie said,staring at her mother. She respects the woman in front of her a lot. She went through a lot but you wil never know. She even hid the truth from her because she doesn't want her to hate her late father.

"You did the right thing by killing him. He deserves it. I don't hate you,Mum. I don't blame you for treating my like that. I would have done the same if I was in your shoes. Please forgive me." Noorie beseeched,crying on the floor. She always blame her mother without knowing what truly happened.

"I love you,Noorie. I don't just know how to show it." Her mother pulled her up for a hug. This isn't the first time she is hugging her,but why does it feel so different. She felt loved.

"Please forgive my father." Noorie said,breaking the silence. Abubakar is still her father. Nothing can change that fact.

"I have forgiven him." Her mother smiled at her,a genuine smile.

"There is one more thing." Her smile dropped.  She doesn't know how Noorie will take the next thing she will say.

"What?" Noorie raised her eyebrow.

"Nafisa is your stepsister."

Happy new year🥳❤️

Quadruple update💃. I deserve an applaud😂😂

Don't forget to vote,comment and share.

Thank you🥰

Have a fun filled year🥰🥰