Chapter 32

mournaeee  this is for you❤️
Enjoy🤗

"I am not angry with you. We all plan,but Allah is the best of planners. This was bound to happen sooner or later. You don't have to apologise to me. I will make sure I talk to Ameena. She will surely come around." Sadiq assured me.

How can my mind be at rest knowing I am the cause of my sister's miscarriage? She did not just miscarried one baby,but two. What kind of a brother am I? I am meant to protect my sister not hurt her. I have made a big mistake. My family is going through alot simply because of my stupidity. How can I even face my father?

I called Sadiq earlier to apologise about what happened,even though I know there is no amount of apology that will undo what has happened. I feel so ashamed apologising to my junior sister's husband. This is unacceptable. I have made a terrible mistake.

"Ameena won't talk to me. She doesn't even want to see me. She hates me so much. How can I live with so much hatred?" I wish I can undo everything that happened. Why does my family keep going through lots of pain just because of me?

"Do not worry about it. Everything will be okay. Ammi is responding to treatment and am sure Ameena will forgive you." He gave me a small smile and stood up from the couch. Without looking back,he walked out of the livingroom living me there alone. Even though he acts nonchalant about his babies death,I know he is hurting. Afterall I have gone through something similar.

Abba returned home four days ago and I have been trying my best to avoid him. I don't want to see the disappointment in his eyes. I feel so lonely sitting down here. Even my two elder sisters won't talk to me. Ya Maryam and Ya Maijida are trying their best to ignore me.

Ammi got discharged from the hospital five days ago. A nurse was assigned to take care of her at home. The doctor told us she is responding to treatment. He said she will be perfectly fine. I hope so.

Why am I causing so much pain to my family?

I have been nothing,but a disappointment to them for the past 8 years. From one problem to another. I am tired of living like this.

I carried my car keys that was on the centre table and walked out of the house. I am going out for fresh air. This house suffocates me.

I was driving round the city of Abuja,enjoying the atmosphere. I am presently on my way to Alamin's house. I feel like he is the only one who will understand me.

The traffic light turned red,indicating I stop the car. I glance at the window looking at the pedestrians,but something caught my attention or should I say someone? The woman looks so familiar. I have seen her somewhere before,but where? She was holding a baby. A baby boy. The baby was crying and she was trying to calm him down by petting him.

I shook my head and looked at the front. I am just imagining things. The traffic light turn green and I drove off to Alamin's house.
.........
"Assalamu'alaikum!" I muttered,after entering the spacious livingroom.

"Wa'alaikum sallam!" Maryam replied,typing on her phone. It seems like she didn't know I was the one that entered  because she didnt even look up. Like a flash,she looked up and her eyes widened in surprise.

"Affan! How are you?" She asked,sitting up.

"Am fine and you?" I inquired,sitting on a couch. I must say Alamin's sister is very beautiful. Alamin told me she was married before,but got divorced two years into the marriage.

"I am fine." She said,smilling. Her sister came into the living room,holding a baby. The baby was crying.

Why do I keep seeing crying babies today?

"Hibba darling! Why are you crying? Come to mummy." Maryam collected the crying baby from her sister and just like magic,the baby stopped crying.

"I don't know why she keeps crying when I carry her. The girl doesn't like me." Husna pouted,staring at the baby with her doe eyes. I will surely be scared if she stares at me like that.

I cleared my throat,startling Husna a bit.

"Affan!" Husna called,surprised. She is probably surprised seeing me here. It been long I came here. I usually go to Alamin's chamber whenever I come so she doesn't see me.

"Husna!" I called with the same energy. "How are you?"

"I am fine." She replied with a wide smile. Why is she smilling so much?

"Alamin is in his chamber." Maryam said,petting the baby.

"Who is this cutie?" I asked,staring at the baby in her hand.

"Hibba? You mean Hibba? She is my daughter. She is 3month." She said,smilling. She was so happy talking about her daughter. I can see it.

"Can I carry her?" I found myself asking. The girl is so beautiful.

"Yes!" She replied and gave me the baby. I held the baby gently. I can't afford to hurt her.

The baby was sleeping peacefully on my shoulder. When did she fall asleep? That was quick.

"Sleeping beauty." I muttered,holding her tight. Maryam's smile grew wider,if that is even possible. She was smilling so wide that her cheeks may pain her later.

Alamin came inside the livingroom with a taslim. He raised his eyebrows in confusion. He is surely surprised to see me here with his sisters. Holding his junior sister's daughter. Funny right?

"You are here?" He said more like asked.

"Yes!" I chuckled. I gave the baby back to her mother.

I went to Alamin's chamber after saying bye to his sisters and baby Hibba.

Me and Alamin kept on talking in his room. We had to stop talking when the adhan to magrib prayer was called. I didn't realise it was that late. We both prayed in the mosque opposite their house and I decided to go home.

Instead of going home,I found myself driving somewhere else. I was heading towards Maitama. I was heading towards the house that I disliked. The house reminds me of so much memory. Good and bad.

I parked my car infront of the house,took the house key and went out of my car. I always have the keys with me just in case.  I opened the gate and entered inside the compound.

I walked to the main entrance and unlock it with the key. The house was dark,so I found the switch and turn on the light.

The house is still the same as I left it 8years ago. Nothing changed.

I can remember how everything took place that day. The day my life took a drastic turn.

8years ago......

Cliffhanger 😂😂

We have new characters. Maryam and Husna huh.

What do you think of Alamin's sisters?

Who is ready for the next chapter?

Y'all should get your popcorn because we are about to unravel the past.

Adios

Meena