45. Fade to dark

"You, you are what!" Taehyung slammed the flowers against the floor with such impact the petals spread

"Tae, I... I had no idea how to tell you," whispered Jungkook, but Taehyung turned storming down the corridor leading backstage.

"Jungkook..." Jimin felt cold sweat rolling down his spine.

"This is all because you're ashamed of me, too ashamed of your family to ever be honest!" Jungkook's face was pale, his voice cracked. "Jimin, I... I'm sorry, I... have to reach Tae," he turned sprinting where his best friend had disappeared just moments ago.

"Jimin, you're up," the staff worker hurried to him and he had difficulties to move his legs, his head off, the huge stage swimming in front of his eyes, lights blending, someone was shouting, the applause as if breaking his skull, but his hand touched the cold metal of the pool.

You slut.

That word spoken by the ballet school principal sounded in his head.

Why do you feel like you need to hide your family?

The therapist's question so loud, but he lifted himself up, swung in the air, that blurry vision scary, as if he was temporarily blinded.

Because you're ashamed of me!

Jungkook's pale face coming back, him yelling, the flowers crushing into pieces against the floor.

I'm not ashamed of you, I'm ashamed of myself, you deserve way better than me, he thought hanging upside down from the pool but his head spun, he lost balance screaming, a second later everything faded into darkness.

The hits were precise, the whole construction holding the punching bag was crackling from the force Jungkook was giving into each punch, hoping it can at least release a part of that insane pain inside him.

Right after shouting at Jimin he had ran behind Tae to catch up to him on the huge performance hall stairs.

"Tae! Tae, please hear me out! Please wait!" He was begging until his best friend stopped, Jungkook has never seen him like that, eyes that could kill, so dark.

"I had no idea how to tell you, I couldn't, it was Jimin's wish to keep it secret," Jungkook's jaw trembled.

"How? When?" Tae clenched his fists.

"It was almost five years ago, you have gone to study in America and I met Jimin working night shifts in DawnDizzy, the moment I saw him I knew he's my mate. We started dating just a month later and are together ever since," Jungkook blushed.

"But you've called him husband!" Tae almost yelled.

"Because he is, we married a year ago."

"Are you guys mated?"

"Yes," Jungkook lowered his head when Tae took two steps back.

"What about that child?"

"Jungmine is our son," Jungkook risked to look up at Tae's scary face.